What training a week from a long ride???

steelman100
steelman100 Posts: 14
Just a quickie guys!!!
How much and type of riding should you be doing in the week leading up to a long distance sportive???

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Whatever you want every one is different.
    Personally I try to ride every other day at different efforst irrespective of an event.
    Sportives are easy to preparef or as you only need endurance.
    I am doing my only one next sunday but tomorrow I will race, I will do about 45 miles wed night, then I train on track on thursday and friday for three hours and do steady ride saturday then do the sportive sunday, but I am doing the sportive AS endurance training training for trackracing :D
    If I am off bike for three days my legs ache on next ride so I would not take too much time off bike the weel before.
  • steelman100
    Cheers for that oldwelshman... Was a bit afraid of doing too much this week.
    Think I will cycle over the Bwlch on the way home from work tonight now... Its a lovely day!!! :-D
    I assume its the dragon ride your doing on Sunday??? ;-)
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Yes I am doing the medio as I did not fancy the long route as it looks pretty boring lol, and did it twice before.
    I will enjoy this ride and plan to use it to train so will go in group for while, have a chat to few people, then do fast sections followed by slower for recovery and stop and take some photos.
    What route you doing?
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    edited May 2011
    Oldwelshman - Im doing the Dragon on Sunday. Say hi if you pass me and if you have any inspirational words of wisdom when i look like im dying do tell! :)
  • steelman100
    Yes I am doing the medio as I did not fancy the long route as it looks pretty boring lol, and did it twice before.
    I will enjoy this ride and plan to use it to train so will go in group for while, have a chat to few people, then do fast sections followed by slower for recovery and stop and take some photos.
    What route you doing?

I am going for the long one!!! :-o
    Its a big thing for me... As I am really just a recreational rider!!! Did it last year... My first ever sportive and loved it!!!
    Would love to get into it a bit more serious and possibly have a go at some races!!!
    We will have to see how it goes!!! ;-)