which 1

carthorse1
carthorse1 Posts: 17
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
i am looking at buying a new bike and toiled between 2. my 2 choices are orbea onix.tlt with shimano ultegra runnin gear priced £1720 or specialized roubaix sl2 elite runnin gear shimano 105 priced £1650 not sure which is the best bike.
i have been told that the specialized maybe the best due to the long distance riding i do but not sure if this is a biased view as they don`nt stock orbea any comments would be appreciated

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Why are they your only choices? For that budget there are better bikes IMHO.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    The Roubaix is designed for long distances. It has a slightly more upright riding position and has a micro-suspension sytem built in. If someone gave me a Roubaix frame I'd not throw it back at them :-) But 1650 is on the high side for a bike with 105.

It depends what kind if riding you want to do. Sounds like you've only been to one bike shop, I'd maybe try a few more.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • carthorse1
    i went to geoff smiths in bolton and also harry halls in manchester also evans at the chill factor
  • carthorse1
    i even looked @ a ridley orion 1105a and orion 1105b but the bikes roughly look the same as the previous ones i mentioned but the ruunin gear seemed lower quality
  • carthorse1
    i also looked @ the bike radar reviews on these bikes and all seemed good too buy but down to personnal preference
  • Some Ridley dealers are offering the Orion with 'full' Ultegra over the Summer for £1700. The calipers are Ridleys own make - but respected. I test rode one, but it has a very long top tube relative to size and therefore wasnt for me.
    Never mistake motion for action
    Tweet@gmunrop69
    Trainerroad - GMan69