Cars Suck

forcutty
forcutty Posts: 1,055
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Mines decided to start losing it's water through the head gasket :x
Just as I'm buying an apartment and don't have many reds :evil:
Typical, looks like I'm going to have to bike the 18 miles too and from work more often.
If it was a month later it would have been OK as I would be in the new apartment and only three miles from work.
pretty pissed tbh :cry:

Comments

• stevec205gti
    stevec205gti Posts: 366
    forcutty wrote:
    Mines decided to start losing it's water through the head gasket :x

Not wishing to be too pedantic - but really you should have titled this thread 'Cars Blow' as your head gasket is blowing, not sucking. :D
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    So you're only having to commute 18 miles e/w for a month and 3 miles e/w thereafter then? I'll bet that's nothing compared to some on here.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,826
    My cars in the garage on Wednesday for a new wheel bearing. Kwik fit wanted £180. Got the new bearing for £35 from a car parts place and the local garage want another £35 to fit it, shows how much of a rip off they are.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • forcutty
    Aggieboy wrote:
    So you're only having to commute 18 miles e/w for a month and 3 miles e/w thereafter then? I'll bet that's nothing compared to some on here.
    But how often do they do it :wink:
    I can just about manage it, but it takes up too much of my day. I also find it hard to fuel up during and after work.
    My cycling buddies think I'm crazy even contemplating riding the distance every day.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    You could always economise by living in a flat.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    forcutty wrote:
    I can just about manage it, but it takes up too much of my day. I also find it hard to fuel up during and after work.
    My cycling buddies think I'm crazy even contemplating riding the distance every day.

Most days, is the answer. Certainly wouldn't be a bother to do it for a month and there's over 2000ft of climbing on my RT. There's plenty of folk in the commuting section who beat me.

As for the car, the answer is to learn to fix it yourself.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • gareth1234
    gareth1234 Posts: 107
    try this, works a treat.
    will keep you going till you get the readies

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEEL-SEAL-STEELS ... 2a0074d226
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    If the thought of riding your bike to work put's you off,Just think of all those that have to use the bus........ :shock:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Well this is a first, someone who's pi55ed off that they have to cycle on a cycling forum :?

FFS I commuted 12 miles a day at 16 years old (admittedly it was that or lose my summer job, but...!)
  • Harveytile
    Harveytile Posts: 227
    forcutty wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

20 miles each way. Pretty much an hour riding, 1:10 total time. 5 days a week. 2600 miles commuting this year. I suggest a handy sized can of MTFU. Failing that try a bigger can... :roll:

Relax and enjoy the ride. Think of it as your free time. I have a much clearer head and happier disposition after my ride. I fully second another poster about trying PT should you think cycling is a bit daft. :wink:
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • forcutty
    20 miles each way. Pretty much an hour riding, 1:10 total time. 5 days a week. 2600 miles commuting this year. I suggest a handy sized can of MTFU. Failing that try a bigger can... :roll:

Relax and enjoy the ride. Think of it as your free time. I have a much clearer head and happier disposition after my ride. I fully second another poster about trying PT should you think cycling is a bit daft. :wink:

Do you know where i can get a large can of MTFU :lol:
    Have decided to bike and save the cash for a new car! Should be able to get a new one before the worst of the winter weather!
    My team at work don't think I'll manage a month aswell, this seems like a bit of a challenge :wink: