Anti scuff for chainstay

SmellTheGlove
SmellTheGlove Posts: 697
edited May 2011 in Workshop
Hi all
does anyone know and use a reliable brand of anti-scuff tape? My heel has taken the paint off my RH chainstay. No doubt there's another issue with pedal position or some such too, but for the moment I want to limit the damage
Thanks for any ideas
D
"Consider the grebe..."

Comments

• fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    If you have a look on ebay look for helicopter tape made by 3m, quite expensive but great stuff, clear tape thats quite thick and like plastic protects the paint.

I have used it on my car as well where the roof bars sit to stop scratching :D

I did also buy some bike specific clear patches if you dont want to cut your own out, again from ebay.
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    fludey wrote:
    If you have a look on ebay look for helicopter tape made by 3m, quite expensive but great stuff, clear tape thats quite thick and like plastic protects the paint
    +1. Also known as polyurethane tape. Make sure you get the outdoor, UV resistant version.
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    You know, I am not in the least surprised people have come on and said that you need some helicopter tape.

For Christ's sake, if your heel is hitting your chainstay doesn't it kind of say that something is wrong with your bike set-up ... in a Q Factor kind of way?