Lizard Skins tape

Supergoose
Supergoose Posts: 1,089
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
I am after some orange tape for my X bike. It needs to be pretty durable, and be able to stand up to frequent washing. Do any of you guy's have experience of this bar tape? I understand its quite pricey. Will it stand up to the abuse and washing I will give it.

Cheers.
Rock 'n' Roule

Comments

• JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    just fitted some, bit disappointed though in the padding on it, seems no better than std tapes (I`m used to using gel pads underlays and thought on basis Lizards clkaims that there would be better padding on it and did away with gel pads :( .
    But very grippy and good looking, BUT for money would NOT buy it again--overpriced for what it offers IMO , much nicer better value tapes around (eg Eleganaza tape, very smart and grippy)
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    JamesB wrote:
    But very grippy and good looking, BUT for money would NOT buy it again--overpriced for what it offers IMO , much nicer better value tapes around (eg Eleganaza tape, very smart and grippy)

I would agree with this....

I recently removed my Lizard DSP bar tape - it didn't wear nearly as well as it's price would suggest. The surface was starting to break up on the hand/bar contact points and was starting to look very tatty.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Looks like the Lizard Skins is a no go then? Disappointing because it looked like it was a winner.

Cheers for the feedback.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    My LS has been fine. Grippy and good quality imo.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Yes I noted Lizard put a disclaimer of sorts on fitting instructions about not stretching too much when fitting to avoiod premature wear :( quite how one avoids stretching when putting around bends is rather beyond me[