When will this west wind stop?

JamesB
JamesB Posts: 1,184
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Different month different wind; didn`t mind at all the strong easterlies of April as most of my rides end by returning back westwrds into the Welsh borders :) BUT now it`s like coming back through a wind tunnel, 25 mph steady headwinds for days here and just because of lie of land almost always do last 3-4 miles into the wind (and slightly uphill on a 1-2% drag) , which funnels down off the mountains behind :(

So anyone got any forecast showing some settled summer weather? M/office seems to indicate end of this week, but the day seems to get pushed further and furtehr back :(:(

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Guaranteed to get better this week.

My holidays are finishing :evil:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • jonsi
    jonsi Posts: 44
    Guaranteed not to improve this week - my holidays are starting :!:
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Sooner the better, nightmare as my commute is horseshoe and my sport routes are circular and coastal
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • christurbo
    christurbo Posts: 432
    I MTFU and I got out in it today, I was off the pedals on the straights the headwind was that strong!

I am going to feel the benefits when it dies down, my CV has improved loads!
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Ok think it has died down looking in the garden the trees arnt moving.....bad news though now its absolutely chucking it down!!

Think i preferred the wind :D
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    heh heh, same around here. Wind has gone but went out for a couple of hours early this morning and it lashed it down the whole way.

My wife was happy though, apparently I have something new to moan about :)
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Jetstream's shifted, probably linked to the reduction in solar activity over the past few years.
    No wind today, just persistantly pissing it down!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    We all need a "Whike" crazy wind powered trike ( whike.com and films on you tube)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't mind a bit of wind. Just make sure the outward journey is into the wind and it's behind you on the way home.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Was out in it this morning. The outward leg had a tailwind, the last 5miles home were into the wind, up a horrible false flat. Should have done it the other way really, but there's a nasty climb at the end if I reverse the route and I was with a guy new to cycling.
    aaah......... aren't I kind :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Jetstream's shifted, probably linked to the reduction in solar activity over the past few years.
    No wind today, just persistantly pissing it down!

Didn't this happen the last couple of years and likely to happen again this summer so we'll have another rubbish one? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on the weather forecasts.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    well wind has now stopped by peeing it down and just 8c earlier this morning :( but slightly drying up and brightening so maybe not a total washout B/Hol

I`ve also not seen any refernce to a poor summer and it has been such an unusual year in weather terms so far too