Nokia phone address book

jim453
jim453 Posts: 1,360
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
I'm trying to get to grips with a different phone.

It is a Nokia.

After each entry in my adress book there is a number like this.

Smith,Bob/1

most of the time this number is 1 as above. Sometimes it is 2 or 3 though, or even as much as 5.

Does any one know what these numbers mean? Or how to make them go away?

Anyone kno

Comments

• Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    Is it because you have more than one number for them?

I.e. a mobile number, home number, work number.....etc

Try re-naming them to "Smith,Bob Mob", "Smith, Bob Home" "Smith, Bob Work" and so on
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    When you import your old phone book, it wont package numbers under one name anymore.

You've imported a name, with more than one number associated under the old phone.

Your new phone needs some work to tidy them up again.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    When you import your old phone book, it wont package numbers under one name anymore.

You've imported a name, with more than one number associated under the old phone.

Your new phone needs some work to tidy them up again.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You are storing your contacts on the sim card which is limited to 11 characters for the name and only allows one number per contact hence B.Smith/1, B.Smith/2 etc. change the storage location to Phone and you can have all your numbers for one person under one contact, ie all B.Smith's details such as mobile, work, home, rmail address will be under his name.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    Sorry to hijack your thread, Jim, but does anyone know why half of the names in my address book got a 6 added to them when I put my SIM into another phone?
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    No probs.

Sorted my issue out manually over a few hours. Very irritating.

Hope you can deal with the 'six' in a less time consuming way.