FAO Jay12

getonyourbike
getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
edited June 2011 in The Crudcatcher
How did the race go? I hope you didn't fail at representing the CrudCatcher.

Comments

• There was a bit of coverage on youtube I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEImD_r6D8o
  • getonyourbike
    There was a bit of coverage on youtube I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEImD_r6D8o
    god damn you :evil: :lol:
  • :twisted: never gets old :D
  • getonyourbike
    I know :D I was playing it constantly in a french lesson in a computer room at full whack while the teacher was in the room. He's actually retarded so you can get away with anything. That's how mature I am :lol:
  • I know :D I was playing it constantly in a french lesson in a computer room at full whack while the teacher was in the room. He's actually retarded so you can get away with anything. That's how mature I am :lol:

you should mail him the link!
  • getonyourbike
    I know :D I was playing it constantly in a french lesson in a computer room at full whack while the teacher was in the room. He's actually retarded so you can get away with anything. That's how mature I am :lol:

I think that might be a touch risky, actually... I could make a hotmail and then use it to send it to his school email address.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    oh hai :wink:

well the race didin't go that well. unfortunatly it pourd down in the night and when racing went on. i made two major mistakes in my first run and then 2nd runs were cancelled.

came 5th out of 8 in the hardtail category.

if the race was on saturday i would have got easily on the podium. i was feeling really fast and made no mistakes. but nevermind, i still had an awesome weekend with my mates and there even was an airbag which was so fun!

another race at the same place is in september so i should be more prepared and should get a better result too.

heres a video of the weekend i made when i got teh chance to film http://www.pinkbike.com/video/199291/#top btw it doesn't show the whole track. the whole thing is about 2 mins long.

pics should be up fairly soon and i'll post them here when i find some
  • getonyourbike
    watching the vid, it looks like good fun. I might have to enter a DH race
  • jay12
  • getonyourbike
    I've just had a look, there's nothing near me in the midlands, this sucks.
  • Was it an under 12's race..? They all look bigger than 12 tbh..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The video is pretty cool. I really like the music you put on it in the wet race run, it really suits the slimy conditions
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815

I think that might be a touch risky, actually... I could make a hotmail and then use it to send it to his school email address.

You haven't got a hotmail in you but Josh may well have
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Jay,

Great video - it really shows how slippy it was.

You kicked my ass!! I was the old guy on the shiney white DMT Ex[alt] - I think I bagged 7th out of 8 in our category and that was only because one guy didn't finish the first run!!

Here's a vid of my crash in the 2nd run - face full of mud and no wish to carry on - http://www.vimeo.com/24397636

I'm glad I wasn't in your way as, by the time I'd crashed and then got off the track, you'd already caught the guy behind me. Also glad that I didn't get to the rooty section as I'm sure I would've stacked there as well.

It was fun but I think that'll be the start & end of my racing career!!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hey 5th out of 8th in your first race is good going, looking at the vid as well, it seemed a bit of a lottery as well in those conditions, so like you say on a good day you could have placed better. The worst thing when you first try anything is being last and well off the standard of other competitors (I should know) and you clearly weren't.

Think you should get sponsorship off the Crudcatcher and Nutlube
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • getonyourbike
    Muttly1981 wrote:

You haven't got a hotmail in you but Josh may well have
    I'm running if Josh's coming
  • jay12
    thanks guys. the top bit was like a river, then any wooden sections were stupidly slippy and the roots were really slippy
    Proutster
    cool!

looked like a nasty crash mate
  • getonyourbike
    I think you needed some Maxxis Wetscreams for those condition.
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    jay12 wrote:
    thanks guys. the top bit was like a river, then any wooden sections were stupidly slippy and the roots were really slippy
    Proutster
    cool!

looked like a nasty crash mate

Jay12
    Nah, it looked worse than it was!! Nice bruise in my stomach where I speared myself on my handlebars though :D
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Nice one Jay! I really want to enter a mini DH like this soon!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    A sponsored Jay12 now that wouldn't be such a bad idea ,when you think of it, for the CC to do.

As the lad does try hard and better to be like Jay than some of the wasters that you see hanging around.

I suggest that Jay comes up with a list of wants and if the CC members feel they can help then go for it.

I'm thinking along the lines say if for the last race Jay had access to wet scream tyres (2nd hand for instance) then he could have changed once the rains came down

In return We need a decent Video posting and .......there must be something but I can't think other than a CC t shirt/ logo thingy worn at races

What do you think ....
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • getonyourbike
    CC stickers could work. I'd get some
  • jay12
    next race is in september and new pedals would be helpful.

thanks for the help guys and i hope this goes ahead.
  • joshtp
    It wont, due to being unbelievably badly organised no CC idea ever goes ahead. Fun though. :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • getonyourbike
    joshtp wrote:
    It wont, due to being unbelievably badly organised no CC idea ever goes ahead. Fun though. :lol:
    good point, how many times has the crudite t-shirts come up and it's never been properly executed.
  • joshtp
    CrudCast anyone?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • getonyourbike
    joshtp wrote:
    CrudCast anyone?
    what a fail. Oh yeh, that was your idea. No wonder nobody wanted to do it if it inolved lots of nutlube and man on man action.
  • jay12
    i think your right there :(

i don't think crud cast would have ever gone ahead anyway tbh
  • jay12
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Nice pics

What type of pedals?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg