How can I convince her....................

AndyD2574
AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
...........that I need another bike??

Want an S3 but she not havin it!!

Whats teh best reason I can lie.......I mean give to her!! :D
Specialized S Works Venge
Argon18 E114
Specialized Langster Single Speed
Scott Spark Expert 29'er
GT Avalanche
http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Grow a pair and tell her it's your f**cking money and you'll spend it any way you want.

And then PM me for the number of my divorce attorney.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    ...........that I need another bike??

Want an S3 but she not havin it!!

Whats teh best reason I can lie.......I mean give to her!! :D

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1&start=60

Now I've stopped laughing enough, have a read of the post Flash made on my behalf.

And then follow Pokerfaces advice, I also have a good lawyer. Continue at your peril.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    How would you feel if she spent a couple of grand on a trip away with the girls or a couple of handbags and pairs of shoes?
    I've been doing the sneaking stuff in act for a long time, don't do it any more as I learnt to respect my mrs' point of view.
    It was a tough week in hospital for me and my eye socket will eventually heal fully but, well, like I said, I now respect her point of view.
  • 2Phat4Rapha
    2Phat4Rapha Posts: 238
    Promise a big declutter, selling as much as you can on eBay, forums etc and to split the proceeds. Doesn’t matter who’s stuff it was, 50/50. Play on your hospitalisation to the max and say your half is going towards your new dream bike to help you cheer up. Request all forthcoming gifts to be donations to the fund. My guess is once you’re nearish to your goal she’ll either give in to your dribbling over pictures of S3s or she won’t notice if you top up the fund on the QT.

Win-win officah :)
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Either

- Appreciate the bike you have and forget about the S3.
    - Makes some money by selling your old bikes,
    - This is more painful, accidentally on purpose brake the frame of you current bike therefore meaning you HAVE to buy a new bike as the old one broke. This may sound drastic but you want a new bike and desperate times and all that.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Tell her your'e nipping down to the local rubbish dump, come back with the S3 and tell her..
    "you'll never guess what someone threw away?" :wink:
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Do like me, buy all your bikes in the same colour, she'll never notice :wink:

With luck
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Start cheating on her, then you can keep the new bike at the misstresses place. :)
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Just don't ask. Just do.
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    ''How come you got a new bike?''

''I swapped it with a guy on a bike forum''

''Really? Why?''

''Well its a bit silly, but I really wanted a black bike and he wanted a white one, so we done straight swap!''

''Sounds a bit daft doesn't it?''

''Yeah, tis a bit, but you know me! Anyway, put your feet up love cus im going to cook tonight and ive also taped cory for you too. Love you mrs bear''

x
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    We've had a few threads like this. TBH I don't get it. If you can afford it, your bills are paid and the kids aren't starving I can't see the problem. I wouldn't hide anything from Mrs Aggie. In fact she was the one who convinced me to get the bike I wanted (Orbea Orca) rather than a cheaper one I was going to get.

I do have to wear one of these every day though........................ :lol:

tumblr_ldynyl1r9N1qzjhqxo1_500.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Aggieboy wrote:
    We've had a few threads like this. TBH I don't get it. If you can afford it, your bills are paid and the kids aren't starving I can't see the problem. I wouldn't hide anything from Mrs Aggie. In fact she was the one who convinced me to get the bike I wanted (Orbea Orca) rather than a cheaper one I was going to get.

I do have to wear one of these every day though........................ :lol:

tumblr_ldynyl1r9N1qzjhqxo1_500.jpg

I did scroll down expecting to see some pants on fire.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    :D:D:D:D

Top advice...................if I follow some of the advice I will post from my hosiptal bed and let you know how I got on!!

I actually took her to the shop today just to 'show her' the bike I would love to get 'one day' :lol:

She said..........'that looks pretty!'......................nice one!!..............its a start!!

:lol:
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Start cheating on her, then you can keep the new bike at the misstresses place. :)

I thought Brin's answer was good, but yours surpassed it in it's simple brilliance :lol:
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange