So who is glued to the F1?

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited May 2011 in The Crudcatcher
me.
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not me. I watched it until lap 40 or so, then realised how absolutely mind numbingly dull it was.
  • nicklouse
    you dont know what you have just missed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    me. Shame about the end...
  • nicklouse
    may not be the end.
  • foxc_uk
    yeah, looks like I spoke too soon!
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:
    you dont know what you have just missed.
    Frankly, I don't care.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    lots of action; crashes, safety car and red flag and now a safety car restart. I wasn't really watching it but I sat down for a bit and then everything kicked off.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
  • Very me!

Superb race :D
  • foxc_uk
    Have to admit this is my first one of the year - I'm a motoGP fan really..
  • Anonymous
    foxc_uk wrote:
    MotoGP, now THERE'S racing :D
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk wrote:
    MotoGP, now THERE'S racing :D

I know, been very interesting watching Rossi on the Duc! Love some of the spats that happen, the Simoncelli debacle last time was so funny
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Nah Auchinleck Talbot are playing in the Junior final on BBC Alba. Thats far more exciting
  • aegrey
    aegrey Posts: 15
    I was. Now going to wash the bike after yesterday's outing. Sun is shining but usually does not last. Need to hurry up. :-)
    Saracen Ruftrax2 (now only for commuting, later for touring)
    Cube LTD Race 2011
    Specialized Allez Sport 27 2007
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Monaco GP was brilliant. Vettel squeezing so many laps out of those tyres was an amazing feat.
    Good to see McLaren get owned by what Loser Hamilton termed as the "Sports Drinks Team"
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lewis is going to hit the headlines for those comments! "I is black, yeah?"
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Ah, the race card... I am sure "white guilt" will kick in and Loser Hamilton will receive an apology from all the drivers on the track
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Watched the first 20-odd and last 20-odd laps - not bad, but would love to go to Monaco to see one live. That said, I still prefer the WRC to watch, now that's entertainment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    What do you watch the WRC on? I find the Motors TV coverage to be aneurism-inducingly boring and disconnected.
    They always seem to be talking about a totally different driver (or in many cases EVENT) than what is on screen right now.
  • Stevo_666
    I think I watched it on either ESPN or Eurosport last time but tbh I can't be sure :? I'm not so much talking about the coverage quality - which could always be better - but the sport itself. It's just more exciting than F1 regardless of how well it's covered - IMO.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    I know the sport is exciting, but Motors TV sucks all the life out of it - it has become one of the dreariest things on telly.
    I saw the ESPN coverage when they had a free weekend, and it was actually great. I'm not paying for it just to watch WRC though.
    Now, if they had a pay-per-view, I might actually be tempted.
  • Stevo_666
    Had to go round to a mate's house to see the ESPN/Eurosport stuff as I can't be arsed with paying for satellite or cable packages (and didn't really have time to get my moneys worth anyway).

Hopefully a bit more will turn up on Freeview sometime soon.
  • Anonymous
    Don't hold your breath. WRC won't be coming back to freeview for at least this year.
  • Hamilton is an idiot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula ... 588664.stm

I don't like Massa at the best of times, but he didn't turn into Hamilton. He's starting to become a right little girl.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    This is gonna go badly,but here goes....

Monaco is a dreadfull venue for GP racing. Racing involves overtaking and that is one circuit where overtaking just ain't happening.

He who qualifies first, finishes first. Dull.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Clank
    Assuming you didn't watch the race then?
  • Clank
    Completey agree about the Ali Hamilton comments.

Drive like an arse, get spanked like an arse. Them's the rules.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Clank
    Clank

Every wince inducing minute, courtesy of iplayer.

• Clank wrote:
    Clank

Sucks to be you then!! Day wasted!

Personally I thought it was a brilliant race!
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Clank wrote:
    Clank

Sucks to be you then!! Day wasted!

Personally I thought it was a brilliant race!
    I thought it was great too, more action the better, crashing is a massive bonus and livens it all up :D