2011 Orange G3 with Orange Bits

Adam_DT3
Adam_DT3 Posts: 52
edited May 2011 in Your mountain bikes
New bike that I obtained off the insurance after my Genesis Core 30 with stolen..
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=

Needless to say im not too bothered now lol. Went with the upgrade fork rather than the Tora the G3 normally comes with. Any suggestions for further upgrades would be appreciated. The only plan I have at the moment is for a slightly longer stem but will prob go for the same race face one.

The specs...
Swing Arm QR Axle
Forks Fox Float 32?
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
F Mech Shimano Alivio
R Mech Shimano SLX 9 sp
Shifters Shimano Deore R Fire +
Chainset Shimano FCM430
Cassette Shimano HG50-9
Brakes Avid Elixir 3 160/160
Hubs Shimano Deore 525 Disc
Rims Mavic XM117
Spokes DT Swiss Competition
Tyres Continental Mountain King 2.2
Headset Tange TG8
Stem Race Face Ride XC
S Post Race Face Ride XC
Saddle SDG Bel Air
H Bars Race Face Ride XC
Pedals Superstar Nano Tech Flats
B Bracket Shimano UN
Grips- Superstar

Just out of the box pics;
IMG_0295.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg

All setup and ready to go (colour scheme to put off thieves again lol)..
IMG_0308.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0306.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg

And all muddy
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg

Comments

• Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    Thats a fine looking steed. But those grips are... I dunno... borderline obnoxious. Guess thats the point of bling though. Shame about the genesis, but thats a lovely bike there.
  • Adam_DT3
    Yeah, the grips look a bit brighter in the pics than they really are . They are actually huge grips, I bought the wrong ones lol (was meant to supagripa from superstar).

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=437
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    I have the same grips (in slightly more subtle colours ;)) the size caught me off guard too. I think they look good.

Looks a lovely bike that, really tidy looking frame.. I've always been a sucker for wishbone seat stays.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    I've got the excel grips too, in slightly (alot) subtler grey, and the size cought me off guard too. Theyve made me think I may want a wider bar. I think sheepsteeth, definitely one of the bionicon owners, chopped the length down on his, which is also tempting, I'd certainly try this approach before switching grips.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice bike, nothing really strikes me as needing upgrading. Liking the fork and pedal upgrade, those pedals won't stay that red for long though! I also got the excel grips, and they are pretty big, but i think after a few rides on them, i prefer them to the supergripa, i have pretty large hands, and they're fairly comfortable, though they are a little on the long side.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Nice bike 8) Only thing I would change are the tyres. But may be not until after the summer. Mountain Kings are all right on hard packed surfaces, but crap when the trail gets claggy
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • allen.coulson
    allen.coulson Posts: 424
    Nice pedals - did they come with the bike or did you discard the ones that Orange provided and upgrade to Superstars.?

Nice bike - did your insurance premium change as a result of the claim?
  • Adam_DT3
    Nice pedals - did they come with the bike or did you discard the ones that Orange provided and upgrade to Superstars.?

No, I knew the ones they would send with the bike would be a bit naff so ordered them in advance.
    Nice bike - did your insurance premium change as a result of the claim?

Luckily I had called insurance company a year earlier and asked about bike insurance. I got additonal cover for £7pm that would allow for up to £1.5k and no premium increase as part of the package. Next renewal will see if they keep their word lol.