Newbury/Berkshire/Bucklebury...

luminus
luminus Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in MTB rides
Hi,

Ive just joined up as I am staying in bucklebury for a while and wondered if anyone on here is from round here?

I went out today on the common just to have a scout but it was mostly pretty flat to be honest! Im not very experienced but I have just spent the summer in Morzine so I have been a bit spoilt.

Anyway, I don't mind going a bit further afield but I have got no idea where to go!

any suggestions?

Comments

• I like down the hill in Thatcham and go riding regualrily in the area. I would recommend that you go down towards Cold Ash or Bucklbury village as the riding is pretty good down there. However at this time of year the mud ticks to you something rotten as I seem to live in the stickiest mud area in the south.

Anyway, where are you staying?
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    swinley forest up the m4 in bracknell
  • MBR mag did a killer loop that starts out from Thatcham station. I do this route a few times a month. It's good fun, but like you say not really hilly enough.
    There is really good riding to be had in the Chilterns however. Lots of bridleways to be had starting around the Pangbourne area. I'd show you myself, but am banned from riding at the mo (getting married next week!)

Brad
    2016 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0
    2012 Scott Foil 40
    2009 Spesh Allez Elite
    2005 Rocky Mountain Element 70
  • andy2796
    andy2796 Posts: 1
    Anyone know of any downhill areas nr Newbury or thatham?

I just moved to the area and I am looking for some speedy trails to start riding?
  • Nyphur
    Nyphur Posts: 8
    MBR mag did a killer loop that starts out from Thatcham station. I do this route a few times a month. It's good fun, but like you say not really hilly enough.

Apologies for bumping such an old thread - but I don't suppose anyone has any information on the route mentioned above?

Google isn't coming up with anything good :(
  • trev k
    trev k Posts: 8
    I'm in Tilehurst so bookmarking for local routes.
  • craigwack
    craigwack Posts: 11
    Hi did u find any tracks round bucklebury? I'm also in Tilehurst