Restored GT XCR 1000 Full Suspension

mickeygtlover
mickeygtlover Posts: 47
edited May 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hi All,

Nearly a restored GT XCR 1000 Mountain Bike.
img2011052700045.jpg
ambervalley201105280004.jpg
ambervalley201105280005.jpg
ambervalley201105280005.jpg

Rubbed the alloy frame down with wet and dry and then had it "re-buffed" also had the rear arm sprayed black with silver speckle (was blue), then had new Decals.

Spec is as follows

GT XCR 1000 I-Drive Frame
FSA Carbon Fibre Handlebars
Shimano Deore 27 Speed Rapid Fire Shifters
Avid Juicy 3 Hydralic Braking System
Mavic Crossride Wheels
Specialized Bottle Holder LOL
Shimano Deore Crankse
Shimano Deore XTR Front Mech
Shimano Deore Rear Mech
Shimano Deore 9 Speed Rear Cassette
Ritchey Stream Saddle
Tiogo Saddle Seatpost

The reason i say it is nearly restored is because I still need to do all of the gear Cabling, and fit a new FSA SLR KForce KC Carbon Fiber Handle Bar Stem and also a FSA Carbon Fibre Seat Post (Should lessen the weight!!!!) ALthough it is extremely light already.

Anyways enough ramblings from me let me know your thoughts.

Mickey

**UPDATE**

I took the bike out today after setting up the gears and it rode like a dream!!! The only issue i have with it now is the rear shock, Rockshox SID. Think it needs a service, Re-Gas etc also does anyone know where I can get a new decal set for it?

Comments

• Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158

Mickey

Nice! Always loved specialized...

On another slightly less important note, what's providing the bounce up front?
  • Si1988 wrote:

Mickey

Nice! Always loved specialized...

On another slightly less important note, what's providing the bounce up front?

Hi Si,

Thanks for the reply to the post, These are a cheap pair of XCm V3 forks, they where about £100 quid, i believe they are made by SR Suntour, They are fairly light, but until i can afford some rock shox then these are staying on lol......