whats your age & how many hours a week do you ride

SUPERSUTT
SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
edited May 2011 in MTB general
i was just wondering whats the average age of most riders and how many hours a week you put in the saddle. you can even put where you ride each time you go out ie work shops or just for fun and to keep fit

Im 39 and live in Cheter and i ride on average 4 to 6 hours a week normaly over one or two days over the weekend i normaly ride alongside the river Dee from Chester to where ever i feel ive done enought then come back some times i go to Delemere forrest or Llandegla forrest for a change of pace and scenary.

i would like to hear from as many of you
falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
HT Merlin Malt one (sold)

Comments

• mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Am mainly a 'DHer' but can't do it as much as i'd like to as my local spots are 1 hour + away and i cant drive, so DH a few times a month, 4-5 hours a time.
    About 7 hours of street/dirt jumping a week.
    FR few hours at the weekend.
    And a XC ride once in a while.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    33, varies! Lots of small rides.
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    33 also ('77 was a fine vintage eh sonic :wink: ) not as much as i'd like, varies but:

2 x 40 min e/way commutes and 1 x 2 hr night ride once a week.

blast round llandegla every other week

4-6 hr up in the hills once a month
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    I'm 14 and do about 16 hours a week . 1h 20m on the commute each day, 5 hours on the trails on saturday and another 5 hours on sunday (getting to the DH course and riding it)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    43 and Meh....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    nicklouse wrote:
    43 and Meh....
    Judging by the amount of time you spend on this forum i'd say your riding time is fairly limited.

Oh and im 18, and ride about 8-12 hours a week depending on how busy i am, possibly 15 hours if ive been to the gym on weekday nights a lot.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    30, and I'll do about 7-10 or so hours a week if the weather's not cataclysmic.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:
    43 and Meh....
    Judging by the amount of time you spend on this forum i'd say your riding time is fairly limited.

Oh and im 18, and ride about 8-12 hours a week depending on how busy i am, possibly 15 hours if ive been to the gym on weekday nights a lot.

working and then fixing bike and drinking dont leave much time. then there is the fixing trails to be done. so 8 hours a week is fair.

hell if I could be arsed 2 hours a weekday and 4 on sat and sunday was my norm.
    but.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Almost the same as you SUPERSUTT

32 atm... I live in Liverpool and drive out to ride 4-6 hours a week on a Saturday. Mainly in... Yep... Llandegla or Delamere.

Although I've been checking out some old haunts around Wigan lately too.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • I'm 48 and do about 7 -8 hrs per week mixture of road and trail just to have fun and get back to fitness now i've stopped smoking 8)
    Have considered using the bike for the commute to work 8 miles each way, but not sure seeing as i work nights.
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    I'm 48 and do about 7 -8 hrs per week mixture of road and trail just to have fun and get back to fitness now i've stopped smoking 8)
    Have considered using the bike for the commute to work 8 miles each way, but not sure seeing as i work nights.
    same here i work nights in ellesmere port its about 7 miles away and i can do up to 10 or 12 hours shifts
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    32 and varies... Aim to commute a couple of times a week and do 2 proper rides so that adds up to about 10-12 hours, though to be fair, I have no idea how much of that is actually spent riding and how much is standing around talking pish.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Craggle T
    Craggle T Posts: 18
    35 and at the moment commuting to chester and back 4 days a week, so probably around 7hrs
    Craig.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    24 and I think I must make about 15 hours riding time, although that depends a little on the amount of time spent eating cake.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    kaytronika wrote:
    Almost the same as you SUPERSUTT

32 atm... I live in Liverpool and drive out to ride 4-6 hours a week on a Saturday. Mainly in... Yep... Llandegla or Delamere.

Although I've been checking out some old haunts around Wigan lately too.

I am 30 and do about 4-8hrs dependant on weather and if i travel to a trail centre at the weekend.
    Kaytronika out of interest where around Wigan do you ride.
  • Mental Mickey
    Mental Mickey Posts: 406
    39 and about 40 hours. (when I'm not running)
  • toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    40 and about 5-7hrs per week
  • dubmodder
    dubmodder Posts: 100
    28 and about 30 hours. 2 days MTB, a good few sessions at the pump track/jumps and some road rides.
  • Anonymous
    holy cow, that's averaging nearly 6 hours a day. How do you find the time? Are you a professional rider?
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    39 years old. About 9-13 hours.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    44yrs and approx. 5-6 hours.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • 31 years old between 6 to 12 hrs on fridays and saturdays, I race bmx sometimes as well
  • 44 + 5/12ths, 8)
    3 week days mornings " befor work" 2 hours :D
    Monday evening 3/4 hours :D
    Friday afternoon 3/4hours :D
    Saturday or Sunday 5/7hours . :D
    The older i get the slower i am ! NAAAAA Dont think so !!!!!!!
  • Mental Mickey
    Mental Mickey Posts: 406
    holy cow, that's averaging nearly 6 hours a day. How do you find the time? Are you a professional rider?

Nope. crap rider actually but semi retired. It can vary though obviously and be only 20-30 hours max some weeks, other weeks more as I can spend 8 hours per day, 5 to 6 days a week.

The 40 hours is an average when I'm really into it as has often been the case in the last 2 years, right now I'm not as I'm injured and also getting into running, the running can take away from the bike hours as you can achieve good fitness levels much quicker in running time than cycling.

I would say that I have progressed quite quick as a rider in 2 years (compared to other - 2 year experience riders) simply due to all the time on my hands, I'm riding in the woods while you lot are at work so I really can't complain about anything. :)
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    66 & 4-6hrs hard riding but will substitute a run if its raining
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    44 and mainly Delamere at the moment

Dave
  • Anonymous
    Mental Mickey, that's impressive. Keep it up man! :D
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Age = getting dangerously close to 50. So close I can see it coming.

Hours varies depends on what work I have that week. Last week very busy so only 3 hours. Week before 16 hours. Next week getting a new bike so probably 25 hours a day till the shine wears off.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Age 35 (how did that happen), and I ride about 40hrs a week, sometimes a bit more and sometimes a bit less. That's riding 5-6 days a week and riding around 6-9 hrs a day. Obviously that's not riding all that time, we stop, chat, eat, fix mechanicals etc etc. I love it so much but to be 100% honest sometimes it's a bit much and some weeks I really feel it.

Top respect to you Mental Mickey for riding that much for pleasure, that's total commitment. It's easy on the mind but very hard on the body and the bike. I know I spend a lot on kit and stuff to keep it all running.