win....win.....win.....fail......FAIL!!!!!

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited May 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Well I managed to do all of 1 hour at work today and finished in time to see the last of the days rain, perfect weather for a jaunt over Cannock, 2 wins down so far. Picked my mate up, parked by Tackeroo and off we went. I was properly fuelled up and I went for it like a mean motherflipper, I mean I was riding out of my skin throwing the bike around having what was turning out to be the ride of my life, got to the rollers and hit the first two perfect, third one a bit sketchy and fast so had to haul on brake to make the bend, back in the saddle pump for the next roller...........SNAP!!!!! Seatpost clamp disintegrated and saddle went flying, nearly tearing me a new arris on landing. but hey annoying but right by Swinnerons, nip in new seatpost and away again, right, right.....WRONG. I hd left my wallet in the car, so afte a trudge back up the road out the saddle, remembering not to sit back down I took it as a sign to come back home.

Dunno how I managed to break a freeride seatpost, the one think I am sh1t hot on is torque wrenching bolts, its the single thing I take most care and attention over, so not that.

Anyway, i'd been toying with buying a dropper so it kind of answers that question
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    oof, could have been very nasty!!

shame to break a bike bit but its nice to have the excuse for a shiny new dropper post. i would wager you will think it is the best upgrade ever.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    I'll dropper your post in a minute.

Which particular flavour of dropper are you thinking Gaz?

Just remember, a dropper without a remote is as useless as a TV without a remote.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Just remember, a dropper without a remote is as useless as a TV without a remote.

plus millions: bought a non remote dropper and I have had the pleasure of kicking myself since. New bike coming soon that doesnt fit it so it goes on fleabay soon to be replaced by a Reverb I think.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Gazlar
    I've plumped for a Pure Racing i900 remote, for 165 notes, should do the trick

on a new FAIL note, the job application online I've been filling out over the last week, bit by bit so its all good, the vacancy has suddenly disappeared, 5 days before the closing date, which is mega frustration, I'm hoping it reappears, I've emailed the company in question, but with it being bank Holiday weekend, the soonest I can expect a response is Tuesday, which is closing day GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

I told you Jebus hates me
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Gutted dude.
    I noticed recently on a cack handed landing, that the seatpost clamp on a Joplin has the advantage of giving way, rather than snapping. RESULT! :lol:
  • Gazlar
    Phew, I found the url of the job application in my browser history, so I sent it anyway, I shall just contact them again on tuesday to make sure they have indeed received my application.

sh1tting it now, i've lived in Wolves for 30 of my 31 years, bar 9 months in Solihull where i was a social leper, so any kind of move is scary.

The seatpost thing was annoying, the fact I couldnt buy a replacement there and then just rubbed salt in the wound, but I was most gutted at missing out on a good ride before my trip to the lakes in a couple of weeks, ooh which reminds me, crudder ride 2
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Gazlar wrote:
    bar 9 months in Solihull where i was a social leper

Well, we can't have the riff-raff getting ideas above their station can we :wink:

Or it could be that there's f*ck all to do! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gazlar
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    bar 9 months in Solihull where i was a social leper

Well, we can't have the riff-raff getting ideas above their station can we :wink:

Or it could be that there's f*ck all to do! :lol:

no I meant I was confined to quarters with the other "help"
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    TL:DR = Gaz rode down one hill, broke his seatpost, rode back up the hill to car. The End.