Moderation?

Am I right in assuming that this forum is reactively moderated?

:?:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is moderated.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chung Mee
    Chung Mee Posts: 48
    Is it reactively or proactively moderated?

i.e., do they wait for someone to report posts which breach the T+Cs?

and only then react to reports/alerts.

That's the way some other forums operate.....................
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it depends.

many of the Modmins are active posters and if they see something that breaks the rules they act but again they are not everywhere and users do also use the report function to alert the Modmins to a situation.

But nor all modmins are active in all areas they may not act on it as it is not one of their areas....

One area where action is taken fast and with no prisoners is the classifieds. the rules are clear. and there are many stickies/announcements for people to not read. But if they dont then it is their problem as post will be edited/deleted etc.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chung Mee
    Chung Mee Posts: 48
    Any chance of an answer from a Moderator?

It's just that I see many flagrant violations of the rules in the Terms and Conditions. There's no point having rules if there's no need to abide by the rules.

Bit like drugs and cycling, I suppose.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Report any post you feel violates the rules. An admin or mod will take a look. There is not 100% coverage, so it may take a while for action, if at all.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Chung Mee wrote:
    Any chance of an answer from a Moderator?

Nicklouse is an Admin.