Specialized Customer Support...

mattbass789
mattbass789 Posts: 355
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone know a good way to get in contact.
Tried some twitter account they have called themasterlink, and also emailed them at that too. No luck...

Any ideas?
“If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    why?

your contract is with the place you purchased the bike/part from.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I have a direct contact and will send his email to you tomorrow
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I have a direct contact and will send his email to you tomorrow

So do I but it's not the sort of info I would share with anyone especially not knowing why they wanted it.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • mattbass789
    well, I bought some shoes, there have been loose threads etc and I don't think the build quality is quite up to specialized's normal standards.
    I was browsing in another shop and noticed the exact same problem, and then in another shop. Luckily, I'm in a part of london that is densely packed with bike shops...

So while taking them back to the shop is all well and good, I felt it was something that should be brought to the attention closer to the company. After all it's a product sold at more than one shop.

I've repaired my shoes and thought nothing more of it, as the actual structural integrity of the shoes didn't seem impeded. Other than the minor hiccup they are a fantastic pair of shoes, and I'd buy another if I could be reassured that the next pair would be of specialized's normal quality standard.
    why?

your contract is with the place you purchased the bike/part from.

I think in this day and age with communication channels the way they are and the consumer being much closer to the manufacturer to be able to take a query and more just a note of experience straight to them is more valuable to them than me going to the shop where they probably won't hear about it. That was my motive...[/quote]

@mattbeedham
  • mattbass789
    Also, correct me if I am wrong. But don't you get a years standard manufacturer warranty... Therefore why can't I go to the manufacturer directly?

@mattbeedham
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    Also, correct me if I am wrong. But don't you get a years standard manufacturer warranty... Therefore why can't I go to the manufacturer directly?

The standard industry wide procedure is that you take the item back to the place of purchase (They are th authorised dealer). They will then interact with the manufacturer on your behalf for ALL warranty issues. You only go direct to the manufacturer if the dealer tells you to (which some do..).
  • mattbass789
    tonye_n wrote:

The standard industry wide procedure is that you take the item back to the place of purchase (They are th authorised dealer). They will then interact with the manufacturer on your behalf for ALL warranty issues. You only go direct to the manufacturer if the dealer tells you to (which some do..).

I see thanks for the clarification, I shall pop in over lunch and see if they can offer any help.

I can also see how this might have seemed initially quite counter intuitive to not go back to the dealer. Though it is just as easy to send an email.

@mattbeedham
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    You can always go for contact here (assuming that's not what you meant when you said you'd emailed them), via the 2nd tab: http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/sbcfaq.jsp
    I've always found Spesh to be superb with customer service and quick replies too, either here or via the place I have bought stuff.
    Cheers
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    Sonny73 wrote:
    You can always go for contact here, via the 2nd tab: http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/sbcfaq.jsp
    I've always found Spesh to be superb with customer service and quick replies, either here or via the place I have bought stuff.
    Cheers
    +1 regarding Spesh customer service.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    I emailed them through their website (though it took a long time to actually find the form to allow me to do it), and got a prompt & satisfactory reply.
  • mattbass789
    Many thanks for the help/cooperation! Looks like the ticket.

This masterlink twitter email/service, does seem a bit erratic in how they respond.

Thanks again.

@mattbeedham
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    ^^ Spesh are great with the year guarantee. If you do have problems let us know.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk