Fancy joining me on a jumps and drops course?

124»

Comments

• Bx
    Bx Posts: 33
    Put all the pads in the car, you can decide when you're there and then you also have the option to swap if you want to. This is the solution I came up with in order to stop me panicking about what to take, just take it all!

I'm hoping that we don't test out the face savers and pads too much to be honest but as with every ride, you never know what might happen :roll:
  • DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    Booo, wish I could make it, really could do with some training! But no can do due to uni finals approaching fastly!
    delightfully dangerous!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    So, how was it ladies? :D:D:D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Bx
    It was awesome!

Helen is a really good coach and made the course a lot of fun! It was good to meet Gingie too, thanks for your help yesterday.

Great to put some names to faces, thanks for organising this Rachel :D

I learnt lots, enjoyed myself, managed to stay on my bike and got some air time. I wasn't sure about girls only before I went but it was great, relaxed and friendly but also motivating and people still pushed it.

I can't wait to get out and put it into practise on my home runs. I went out at degla again today and could still do things and actually managed a few things I couldn't get yesterday due to being fresh and keen! Lots to take away.

If Helen runs another you should definitely try and get on it.

Now to look out for embarrassing pictures.....
    Bx
  • Gingie
    Gingie Posts: 98
    It was a really fun day!

Great to meet you all too.

Check out a course report here: http://bit.ly/kulhb5

And some more pictures coming very soon on the GMB Facey-B page...
  • It was great, loved it :D

We got loads of encouragement from Helen and Ginge - They sussed out our level and helped us improve loads! Helen totally knows where you're going wrong and most importantly, how to sort it out!

The skills area at Llandegla was a really good venue, coz the stuff starts off small, then when you're ready, you can move to bigger stuff (or chicken out :wink: )!

It was really cool meeting everyone and I'd defo be up for doing it again... and do the second drop next time!!

Helen also introduced us to Fionn Griffiths in the cafe... A totally inspiring day riding, learning and chatting with Pros 8)
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Looks like it was a brill day :D, I'd never have been able to do half of what you did on the photos!!! good job I coudn't make it, i'd be all embarrased :(

Caz xx
  • Bx
    Well phew, the pics aren't too embarrassing after all! Great day all round and my kayaking comp was fun this weekend but boy was I tired......zzzzzzzz
  • miss notax
    The photos look great!

Sorry to have missed a great day (and meeting you all!) :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Looks like it was a brill day Very Happy, I'd never have been able to do half of what you did on the photos!!! good job I coudn't make it, i'd be all embarrased Sad

No way!! You would have been able to do it, because everything starts off small and you warm up to it, then only try the stuff you're comfortable with - You'll have to come to the next one :D

The photos were great - I bet you were tired after the kayaking comp... My arms hurt a bit just with the biking :lol:
  • Gingie
    Gingie Posts: 98
    Missed round 1??

More dates to be announced over the next few weeks!

Keep up to date with the latest course news on the GMB Facey B page...

See you on the trails! :-)
  • DanielleT
    *excited* :lol: Thats fab news, really gotta get myself on the next one if I can. No uni work to stop me now :) its all done! Whoop! Actually qualified to do my job now (thats if I pass that is, lol!)
    delightfully dangerous!
  • Bx
    If you missed the first one then definitely get yourself on the next one! I learnt loads and had a fun day......

Go on, you know you want to! :lol:
  • miss notax
    Will another course be in the same place? :D

• hels bels
    hels bels Posts: 15
    Hey Everyone..

Ok so im planning another course at Lllandegla .. ; - )

Dates are for you all to discuss and get one sorted..

Either
    June 14th , 15th 16th , 17th ...ive chosen week days because the weekends are really busy at Llandegla !

Please can you all check your diary and see if these work for you ..

Cheers
    Hels
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    Ooooh, June 14th is my birthday and I already have the day off work booked...
  • DanielleT
    I've got that week of work already :) but we're meant to be up in Scotland for a few days of it taking in Glentress and Innerleithen. I'll have to persuade the other half to cart me across to Wales so I can come! It think 16th/17th would be the better days for me.
    delightfully dangerous!
  • hels bels
    Thanks for the reply girls..

Keep them coming and we can confirm a date.

Is the 16th and 17th going to be ok for everyone ?

Cheers
    Hels
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I might have came down for this and spent a few days in Wales as a bit of a holiday but I wont be able to take the time off work then :(
  • Adnams82
    Adnams82 Posts: 22
    Can anyone confirm if this is the 16th or 17th?
    I can probably do either day but need to book holiday before I can book the course.
    Cheers

Sacha
  • hels bels
    Hey Ladies

The course will go ahead next week on the 16th ( Thursday ) @ Llandegla if thats good with you all..
    Need to get confirmation on numbers so please email me asap so i know who wants to come..

Spread the word as we are low on numbers at the moment i think..

Cheers
    Hels
    x