Solihull-birmingham-west mids!

Gdclay
Gdclay Posts: 15
edited June 2011 in MTB rides
Hi, is there anyone about from the birmingham area? Ive just brought my first bike so am an absaloute novice looking to get involved in mtb, any advice on places to go etc would be appreciated, cheers

Comments

• stumpym4
    stumpym4 Posts: 216
    Hi , welcome to the world of mtb, you`ll love it .....im in brum and either ride, cannock .. lickey hills etc, you also have clent or wyre forest near bewdley which is very good ....
    if you fancy something less hilly , then head over to sutton park , its ok for a few hrs of riding ... even the canals are ok to get out on for a few hrs .. what ever you do just enjoy it ..
    Tony
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    On One 853 single speed
    Pinnacle Arkose 2 - cross bike
    Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - Bike packing bike
    Cube attain GTC Pro road bike - more relaxed road bike
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • Gdclay
    Thanks for the reply tony, ive been riding the canels as its right behind my house to get my fitness up a bit and am commuting to work this week, have purchased a cycle carrier today so can now venture further afield and get muddy! Cheers for the advice on places to go
  • sassysarah
    sassysarah Posts: 421
    A lot of Midland rider are on the Wyre Forest Thread....if you post up on there i'm sure someone will show you around their a friendly group
    Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!
  • star-trails
    star-trails Posts: 68
    just got new bikes myself and looking for new places and friends to enjoy them with

amy n scott
    x
  • Gdclay
    Cheers will do, yeah me 2 just got a cycle carrier so can now venture further afield also
  • star-trails
    star-trails Posts: 68
    lucky you , we havnt even got a car to attatch one to.lol , so tricky finding good spots.x
  • Gdclay
    Not so much lucky as lazy! I no what you mean about finding places to go, im sure someone on here will no of somewhere by you though
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gdclay
    Legend!
  • Gdclay
    anyone else from around here go to cannock or the wyre?