Where to next

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited May 2011 in Routes
Hi,

We are getting into the MTB scene and have been doing Dalby for last few months, we have some time off in August and a few of us were wondering where to go for a couple of days. Looking for ideas of a place to go riding for a couple of days, we are happy to travel, live in Yorkshire and happy to camp etc. We are riding Red route at dalby and just fancy a change. any ideas of good venues.
Thanks

Comments

• I'm sure you'll get a number of locations but i'll kick off with the obvious ones:
    Wales:
    Coed Y Brenin (Do LLandeglla on the way there or back - do the black though it's excellent and nothing severe its just high speed in places and no "nasty features").
    (Personally not done the others in Wales apart from Penmachno, and Marin but plan
    the others lthis summer)

Scotland:
    Glentress / Innerlithen (1 mile or so from Glentress) up in scotland near Peebles - i reccommend the red route at Glentress but i actually prefer Innerlithen, much tougher physically and technically but if your up there do both obviously. While your in the area you've got access to Mabie, Ae, Newcastleton, Dalbeatie + Kielder.
    Kirroughtree is a bit of a long trek for you IMO

For Natural Stuff then the Lake District is pretty much as good as it gets in england.

There are a number of other trail centres in both Wales and Scotland i've just highlighted
    the ones that are must do's imo.. then do the rest of course :)