Downloadable biking vids!

CharlieH
CharlieH Posts: 410
edited May 2011 in MTB general
I recently discovered 3 biking videos on iTunes and wondered if anyone else knows of any other videos for download. I'm talking legit vids BTW!

Vids I bought from iTunes:
Vast
Virtuous
And the real surprise, Seasons!

They were all around £2 each and I've just bought an AV lead for my iPhone so I can watch them on the Tv :)

Comments

• Fenred
    Fenred Posts: 428
    where did you find these Charlie? I just looked on stupid, irrational, slow, nighmare to navigate iTunes and couldnt find any of those listed :evil:
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Follow Me might be on the UK store, not sure though.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They come up under TV series or something stupid like that.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    i got a video here, one of my biker buddies gave it to me, so dont really know where its from (legal or not) its called "the collective: seasons" its pretty cool, check out if u can.
    im me if u want a copy, u can just post a self addressd envelope to me and i'll send u it on disc (uk only)
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • Northwind
    edited May 2011
    As legit free-to-views, you could check out You Like This, or Finally, or the Mojo Trail Diaries- all free to view and downloadable. Finally's very racey, the Mojo Diaries are just fab- better quality than some expensive DVDs (naming no Finds). I was going to recommend the one with Danny Macaskill and Rowan Sorrell but tbh there's not been a bad one, some are mellow, some are SUPERGNAR, some have The Beard. But well worth it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    There's a polish one called Ultimate 3 which is very good, it was on Vimeo, and it had a download link.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Fenred
    Fenred Posts: 428
    Northwind wrote:
    They come up under TV series or something stupid like that.

Shoot! :roll: Silly me for looking under films!...Good ol' iTunes.

Thanks for the pointer Northwind, much appreciated!
  • CharlieH
    kinmofo wrote:
    i got a video here, one of my biker buddies gave it to me, so dont really know where its from (legal or not) its called "the collective: seasons" its pretty cool, check out if u can.
    im me if u want a copy, u can just post a self addressd envelope to me and i'll send u it on disc (uk only)
    That's one I listed in the first post. It's on iTunes for £1.89 so I got it from there. That way I know it's legit.

Will check out the others though :)
  • CharlieH
    chedabob wrote:
    Sure is :) It's a bit more at £6.99 but you get the sd version for the phone and a downloadable HD version for the pc
  • chedabob
    CharlieH wrote:
    chedabob wrote:
    Sure is :) It's a bit more at £6.99 but you get the sd version for the phone and a downloadable HD version for the pc

According to iTunes, the HD version is only available on iPad or Apple TV. What a crock of shit.

Oh, and not a MTB film, but The Flying Scotsman (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/the-flying-scotsman/id285508097) is available. It was on iPlayer recently. Inspirational movie.
  • CharlieH
    chedabob wrote:
    CharlieH wrote:
    chedabob wrote:

According to iTunes, the HD version is only available on iPad or Apple TV. What a crock of shoot.

Oh, and not a MTB film, but The Flying Scotsman (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/the-flying-scotsman/id285508097) is available. It was on iPlayer recently. Inspirational movie.

Didn't say that on my link but I'm on the iPhone version of iTunes. It just said hd version you can download via iTunes to watch on your computer???
  • chedabob
    CharlieH wrote:
    chedabob wrote:
    CharlieH wrote:
    chedabob wrote:

According to iTunes, the HD version is only available on iPad or Apple TV. What a crock of shoot.

Didn't say that on my link but I'm on the iPhone version of iTunes. It just said hd version you can download via iTunes to watch on your computer???

I rented The Tipping Point which said the same thing, and it's in SD.

Really good movie btw. Follows Sam Hill through his 2008 season, with interviews with a dozen other riders.
  • CharlieH
    Just watching Tipping point! Really good but the difference in sound level between the music and interviews is really annoying :(

Watched follow me and loved it!!! Really made me want to get out and push my limits a bit more, lol
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Life cycles trumps all.
  • CharlieH
    Life cycles trumps all.

Guess what I'm searching for tonight ;)
  • Northwind
    I thought it was pretty pish. Beautifully filmed, one or two good riding sequences, endless pretentious voiceovers, an awful lot of a bike in the back of a truck, and more slow motion than the Matrix.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • CharlieH
    And it's £9.99 on iTunes!!! Seasons was only £1.89. Think I'll give that one a miss. I did get "follow me" and thought that was pretty good though
  • Northwind
    We saw Seasons and Follow Me as a double bill and Follow Me came out badly but I think if I'd seen it by itself I'd have been more impressed.

But Life Cycles and Vast as a double bill really showed Life Cycles up- some bike films are about riders, some are about racing, some are about just riding. But Life Cycles seemed to be about making an art college project that just happened to have bikes in. Those season change wipes, my word, were they done in Windows Movie Maker?

Still, it all pales compared to the enormous crapness of Find.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • CharlieH
    Well i wasn't impressed with life cycles :(
    It's beautifully filmed but just didn't make me want to rush out on my bike like the others did