plans for the weekend?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
anyone got any plans?

i got a bike fitting tomorrow then planning a longish ride somewhere....if the weather holds out

Sunday i gotta start wheelbarrowing 16 tonne of soil i got delivered to my house to level the back garden
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Twikkers on Sunday for the sevens.
    Tomorrow - pub lunch, maybe take the old girl out for a spin.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Glen Finglas MTB tomorrow in the pouring rain.....
    Dry out Sunday..... chores, garden (if dry)
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    BBQ to celebrate kiddie #1's 4th birthday followed by building of a tree house to mark the same event.
  • I've hired a stump-grinder! 8)
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    On Saturday I shall be caught up together with the risen dead in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So that I shall ever be with the Lord.

Sunday, not sure, probably in the park trying to get within boasting distance of Wrath Rob/Jzed's 18:01 (wtf? Well done fellas...). Followed by gentle recovery in the pub with a roast in the afternoon.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Evans King of the Downs on Sunday - 110 hilly miles. Anyone else doing it?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited May 2011
    Saturday sorted, thanks to the London trip ideas thread.

Not bothering with Sunday as the world's due to end on Saturday night apparently. Bit of a shame as I've got a squash court booked for Tuesday.

Doomsayers predict apocalypse now. A US evangelical Christian has predicted that the apocalypse will take place on Saturdayl
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    All-day offroad extravaganza round the Roaches in the Peak District. Can't wait!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I love the Roaches and Hencloud *harks back to childhood....*
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Looking to move house, so I've got a load of viewings tomorrow.

Sunday I've got the Sprint Triathlon at Dorney Lake.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Sat - recover from swollen knee and stinking cold.
    Sun - 50 mile charity ride in Essex for the RNLI
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I've hired a stump-grinder! 8)

Excellent, where you riding it? What fork travel does it have..... :wink:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm going to find someones lovely garden to sit in. Unless Ms DDD is away, in which case I will stay in curtains closed and play Star Trek.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    meeting up with a guy i met cycling in Italy last year for my first ever laps of Richmond park...a little nervous, he is an Ironman competitor and very fit.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Bike box packed. Pizza about to be ordered, a few beers. Train in the morning to penzance. Leg loosener in the afternoon, Sunday set off on LEJOG. 9 days of me and the road.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    JZed wrote:
    Bike box packed. Pizza about to be ordered, a few beers. Train in the morning to penzance. Leg loosener in the afternoon, Sunday set off on LEJOG. 9 days of me and the road.

Enjoy !
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    JZed wrote:

Good luck - little trip over the Cotwolds planned for tomorrow. Living in a hole as I do everywhere is uphill :wink:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    JZed wrote:

damn fella I doff my hat and I want your route when you're done :wink:

The things people will do for stats :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    I'm gonna catch up on my giro, just watched today's damn contador is an animal 8)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm gonna catch up on my giro, just watched today's damn contador is an animal 8)

No, he allegedly ate part of an animal, which was contaminated (depending on what your own view of "contamination" is), which he didn't know about (depending on what your own view of "knowledge" is).

Maybe some riding, but hopefully taking down a shed and having a BBQ with loads of (uncontaminated) beef.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

No, he allegedly ate part of an animal, which was contaminated (depending on what your own view of "contamination" is), which he didn't know about (depending on what your own view of "knowledge" is).

Maybe some riding, but hopefully taking down a shed and having a BBQ with loads of (uncontaminated) beef.

mmm BBQ - genius 8)