Decaff Coffee

forcutty
forcutty Posts: 1,055
edited June 2011 in The hub
So as I'm intolerant to Caffeine do any of you people know some better decaff than I'm currently drinking.Must be of ground variety and not instant muck :x

Favs in order are;
1= Percol Decaf
2= Lavazza Decaf
3= Illy Decaf
4= Taylors Decaff

Now all these I have and usually alternate between but i'm now fed up and fancy a change. So please Hub do your Worst :wink:

Comments

• allthegearnoidea
    allthegearnoidea Posts: 4,077
    i do like the Taylors coffee, but tend to have the half caffine 'take it easy', too much caffine gives me a tight chest so tend to stick with the above, but on odd occasion will pop into whittards when in town,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    forcutty wrote:
    So as I'm intolerant to Caffeine do any of you people know some better decaff than I'm currently drinking.Must be of ground variety and not instant muck :x

Favs in order are;
    1= Percol Decaf
    2= Lavazza Decaf
    3= Illy Decaf
    4= Taylors Decaff

Now all these I have and usually alternate between but i'm now fed up and fancy a change. So please Hub do your Worst :wink:

http://smallbatchcoffee.bigcartel.com/p ... -co2-decaf

The coffee these guys do is ace. They roast on site from green beans so it's always nice and fresh (and they're 2 doors from my house so I get the benefit of the smell when I open the kitchen window). Not the cheapest but certainly some of the best coffee I've had. Not actually had the decaff myself but know folks that have it on a regular basis and they swear by it.
  • forcutty
    Thanks Ransaka
    Thats the type of thing i'm looking for, bit pricey though at £9 with postage :cry:
  • Ransaka
    Like I said, it aint cheap but the difference between it and supermarket bought coffee is worth the price imo.
  • SickAsAParrot
    SickAsAParrot Posts: 212
    Ikea decaff isn't bad, and only about £1.40 a packet.

*ducks and runs away*
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What about just not drinking coffe?
  • allthegearnoidea
    allthegearnoidea Posts: 4,077
    85% the people would come to a Grinding holt with mo coffee lol! and there would be lots of angry people in the mornings too hahahhaha!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    Good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apparantly drinking coffee is good for the Prostate (reduces the likley hood of the Big "C")
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    85% the people would come to a Grinding holt with mo coffee lol! and there would be lots of angry people in the mornings too hahahhaha!

That's because we need caffeine to keep wake up and keep going. Decaff would be pointless. I'd have killed someone before lunchtime.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • forcutty
    cooldad wrote:

That's because we need caffeine to keep wake up and keep going. Decaff would be pointless. I'd have killed someone before lunchtime.
    Meh being intolerant to Caffeine sucks :(
    Love the taste of coffee in the morning still though.
    I've got too say that the first three weeks is the hardest when detoxing, never felt like killing anyone though :shock:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I feel like killing people a lot of the time. Coffee just stops me actually doing it in the morning.
    I don't like mornings.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cooldad wrote:
    I feel like killing people a lot of the time. Coffee just stops me actually doing it in the morning.
    I don't like mornings.
    Exactly right.
    Unfortunately, I have to be at work at the ungodly hour of 9am tomorrow.
  • Ransaka
    cooldad wrote:
    I feel like killing people a lot of the time.

+1
  • Arkady001
    Arkady001 Posts: 201
    cooldad wrote:
    I don't like mornings.

So-oooo true...
  • Gizmokev
    Gizmokev Posts: 146
    I have switched from coffee in the morning to a nice cup of tea and I must say that although previously I drank 2 or 3 before heading out I am now thanking myself for changing.

I dont feel headachey in the afternoons and am sleeping much better even though I never drank coffee past 12 before anyway.

Decaf still doesnt make sense to me though....:wink:
  • bearfraser wrote:
    Good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apparantly drinking coffee is good for the Prostate (reduces the likley hood of the Big "C")

As the chances of having prostate cancer increase as you get older ( 1in every 2 men will have it above the age of 75 I think the research shows) I wouldn't start bulk buying the nescafe in just yet :wink:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?