First TT

2»

Comments

• gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    [long boring story]
    Our club TT starts at a place called Wineham lane. I don't know the lane, but I do know a nearby village called Albourne. The course is simple all left turn rectangle, so I set off to Albourne with a mental map of the route in search for Wineham lane. Find Twineham lane at just about the right place in my mental map, and as the name is close enough I assume that I have 100% definitely got the right place.......etc.......

What club is that? Back in 1990 (when I was 16/17) my then club (Central Sussex CC) did its club 10s on a course round there. It started on the A272 somewhere near Bolney, then left down Twineham Lane (or maybe Wineham Lane - it really *is* a bit confusing), then left towards Albourne and then left up the A23. Since then the A23 has become a six-lane virtual motorway round there, so I assume racing on that road is banned. (I quit racing in 1991 and only started again in 2009, so I have no idea what happened in the intervening period)
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    did my first one last night, took a wrong turn but realised straight away so only lost about 5seconds but my had to get back up to speed.

then i was riding another road and thought id taken a wrong turn as i didnt recognise it from when i did my recee last week so i slowed up a little bit. and then i got overtaken so realised i wasnt lost :lol:

ah well means next time i'll definitely be faster!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Nah... He would've beaten Lemond in '88 if he'd've ditched the pony tail.

Do keep up 007. (and it was 89) ;)

... ditching the ponytail would've made him a whole year faster I reckon! :oops:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    [long boring story]
    Our club TT starts at a place called Wineham lane. I don't know the lane, but I do know a nearby village called Albourne. The course is simple all left turn rectangle, so I set off to Albourne with a mental map of the route in search for Wineham lane. Find Twineham lane at just about the right place in my mental map, and as the name is close enough I assume that I have 100% definitely got the right place.......etc.......

What club is that? Back in 1990 (when I was 16/17) my then club (Central Sussex CC) did its club 10s on a course round there. It started on the A272 somewhere near Bolney, then left down Twineham Lane (or maybe Wineham Lane - it really *is* a bit confusing), then left towards Albourne and then left up the A23. Since then the A23 has become a six-lane virtual motorway round there, so I assume racing on that road is banned. (I quit racing in 1991 and only started again in 2009, so I have no idea what happened in the intervening period)

The Sussex Nomads / Nomaps. The A23 is a cyclist killer now I'm afraid.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey