Box Woods (near bath) Sunday 15th May

ashwee12
ashwee12 Posts: 2
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Ok, after the fun and games in Box Woods over the last few weeks, I've decided to give it another bash 15th May 2011. I would like to try and improve my jumping a little, so will be sessioning individual runs for 20-30 mins at a time at a really leisurely pace.

Thought I would see if anyone else was interested in partaking with me. (Some of you might even ride up )
Fingers crossed the weather will be good. its an ideal venue for confidence building, both general trail technical riding, and more intense faster descents etc. there's also a fair few oportunities to jump around etc if your like minded and confident to give it a go. (plenty of starter "rollers" for those dipping their feet into the jump world)

I will be on the starter level bits most of the time, to try and get better before getting bigger haha. and will be working on trail style jumping, rather than "chav on bmx" style jumping haha.

Directions

for those who dont know where it is i will sort out a map shortly. you will be best off passing through corsham on the a4 (if your driving to the woods) and then leaving along the bradford road (just out of corsham towards box / bath before the change to a 50 speed limit) Follow the road until you meet two mini roundabouts right next to each other, you need to take the right turning, and then imediately left down a small lane. Follow the lane over a cross roads and on the right hand bend you will see a large layby, park there I will be there from 10:00 until around 10:20 incase anyone is late, and will then ride down to the woods (for straglers, follow the road by bike away in the same direction you were travelling in the car and keep to the left. about two mins from the car you will descend down a steep hill. control the speed as theres a gate on the left into the woods, i will be in there if you have missed me Maps below

Layby to Park Car in:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 72098&z=15 Tab A shows the A$ out of corsham towards box/bath.

Woods from the Layby:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 8&t=h&z=18

Hope to see a few people there if they are about and free. i will bring along my DSLR (Camera) to try and get a few jumpy "Smart Alec" shots for anyone who is interested.

Ash
Setting a scene mountain bike forum in and around wiltshire, giving people a chance to get out, meet people and do what they like doing best, riding!!
www.settingascene.com

Comments

• joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    Oooh. thats really close to my place....

will almost definitely pop along, and will see if any of my riding buddies fancy it.

what bike are you riding? (so i know who to look out for) im on a Blue Pitch.
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    good ride mate cheers for showing me a few more lines ;)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.