Virtuoso

adnewall
adnewall Posts: 22
edited May 2011 in Your road bikes
May not be as flash as some on here.
But this is my first road bike. A Carrera Virtuoso, named Fury.

I'll be using it mainly as a commute with enjoyable cycle trips out during the summer. And plan to repaint it in the future - possibly orange.

But for now she rides well. Need to tinker with the gears some more though, doesn't like going down the sprockets on the rear.

5729732193_059e49c45c.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adnewall/5729732193/
VirtuosoFury – FCN 6

Comments

• Im Bald Ok
    Im Bald Ok Posts: 146
    Those bars are crazy, not sure if you've done that intentionally? Look at the other bikes in this section for a more traditional (correct) bar angle.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Have you got very long arms/torso and very short legs? That looks really stretched out hence odd postion of hoods?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • adnewall
    You mean rotating down? That could make sense - I seem to leaning far, though it rather comfy. Only done up to 30 mile route so far though.
    VirtuosoFury – FCN 6
  • adnewall
    edited May 2011
    Adjusted... I think the right way. Feels a lot better, thank you, I find my weight is much more on the bars instead of my a*se. Cheers.

Any other changes recommended?

5730184761_1a4c6cc997.jpg

5730734954_7725b3e823.jpg
    VirtuosoFury – FCN 6
  • Im Bald Ok
    Im Bald Ok Posts: 146
    MUCH better. I would have it slightly tilted up a bit more. That's personal preference tho.

Have fun riding it :D
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Nose of the saddle looks like it could be raised a smidgeon so that it is level, may be the camera angle though and you may well find it comfortable as it is.

Enjoy 8)
  • adnewall
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Nose of the saddle looks like it could be raised a smidgeon so that it is level, may be the camera angle though and you may well find it comfortable as it is.

Enjoy 8)

It was level until this afternoon. Found it more comfortable forward - might try taking it back level though now the bars are better.

Cheers.
    VirtuosoFury – FCN 6
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Im Bald Ok wrote:
    MUCH better. I would have it slightly tilted up a bit more. That's personal preference tho.

Have fun riding it :D

+1 my bars are slightly sloping down , probably halfway between flat and where yours are .
    As for it not being a good bike i ride one atm , 1st club run on Sunday and people said i had a nice bike and i certainly kept up with the boys with expensive bikes, its about the motor that cranks the pedals ..
    FCN 3/5/9