S Wales : Aberdare area

chilievans
chilievans Posts: 90
edited June 2011 in MTB rides
I`m living in Llwydcoed near Aberdare and am looking for someone to share routes with. Is there anybody interested out there?
can`t stop addicted to the shindig......

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I think your a bit away from us here in newport but there is always a chance to meet up at afan or summat i guess
  • davydesign
    davydesign Posts: 178
    chilievans wrote:
    I`m living in Llwydcoed near Aberdare and am looking for someone to share routes with. Is there anybody interested out there?

Hi there, I've ridden round those parts since the mid nineties off and on (got family in Cwmaman). I dont have any mapped routes i can share with you i'm afraid, but a good loop I used to do was from aberdare country park head up the mountain towards the top of the Maerdy road, cross the road then take a fireroad over to Llanwonno/St Gwyno forest area. Then theres a good descent down into Cwmaman then theres an old railway line you can ride along back into aberdare.

To be honest tho in the last 5 years i've stuck to riding in the Afan/Glyncorrwg trail centres as when i do go to visit family i'm only there for a few days so need to make the most of my riding time and not faff about with maps and stuff.

The Rhondda cycle centre in Treorcy might be able to be more help and they have some sweet bikes too ;-)

There is a downhill run at Mountain ash if thats your thing, check out Dragon downhill for more info http://www.dragondownhill.co.uk/
  • thanks boys
    can`t stop addicted to the shindig......
  • hi mate just living over the mountiain from you and ride 2/3times a week around the forest above heolgerrig and aberdare got some fab routes if you fancy joining up with myself and a few others you wellcome drop us a line
  • I appreciate that this is an old post but if you are still looking I'd be happy top share routes. I live just outside of Aberdare.
    chilievans wrote:
    "Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.!"
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Whereabouts nerar Aberdare are you? I ride a couple of times a week around the Aberdare area.

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • parksy78
    parksy78 Posts: 28
    hi mate just living over the mountiain from you and ride 2/3times a week around the forest above heolgerrig and aberdare got some fab routes if you fancy joining up with myself and a few others you wellcome drop us a line

theres a few of us ride from cefn around dolygear/ Neuadd /trefil quarry, would be good to learn the heolgerrig trails some time!
    Still looking for the uphill that's as easy as the downhill!