Cycling on regular TV

JST
JST Posts: 158
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
So apart from the Tour de Fance on ITV4 and I hear that ITV4 are covering the Tour of California, what other cycling is likely to be on any of the digital TV channels that I can get without paying extra??

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tour series on ITV4
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    The Halfords tour series might be on this year...er, this month. I can't remember if they were on Channel 4 last year.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • thinbo
    thinbo Posts: 93
    Ok I know the following is not free but it may be worth considering:

Eurosport has most of the big races/tours and a lot of the not so big ones too.

Depending on who you get your internet and phone with it might be pretty cheap to get eurosport. I only pay an extra £1 a month with Sky's most basic package.

I did the sums when looking and getting phone internet + tv through sky, it worked out favourably when compared to getting separate phone and internet and using a freeview box. Plus we get a Sky+ box which is the mutt's nuts.

Failing that if you don't mind watching it on your computer eurosport player is £3.99 a month

as I said not free, but worth considering especially if you're already paying for internet + landline
    CUBE Agree GTC Pro '10
    Giant Defy 2 '09
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    ITV also usually show the Tour Of Britain later in the year.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    If it is any help I use the Eurosport Player at 3.99 per month. Lots of cycling on there - classics and tours. Giro on at the moment. Coverage is good although the quality isn't the greatest - a little grainy - but not that you can't see the detail and enjoy the race.

Good value in my book.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • JST
    Thanks guys, looks like I need to check if we can upgrade our TV package if I want to watch more than a couple of the major events. We have internet and phone with Virgin as they have cable on our street so is the best for internet speed etc so might check out how much extra the TV service with the right channels would be....
  • christurbo
    christurbo Posts: 432
    I think it would be a good idea for someone to create a thread where we can all add in programmes/channels/times when there is cycling on TV.

I am sick of searching for 'cycling' on my Sky HD+ box!
  • Workinonit
    Workinonit Posts: 7
    Can you sign up to Eurosport Player for just one month or is there a longer minimum subscription period?

Thanks.
  • I'm pretty sure I read that they automatically renew each month unless you cancel, I didn't see any mention of minimum subscription time.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Eurosport player is month by month so you can cancel when you like.

ITV4 showing Tour of California from tonight and every night this week. Programme starts at 10pm until midnight and I believe is the live run in to the end of each stage.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • JST
    Missed it last night, the schedule in their website says 9:30 to midnight...
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    JST wrote:

Everyone missed last nights ToC, even the riders missed it :wink:

PS. It was snowed off with a blizzard.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • JST
    JST wrote:

Everyone missed last nights ToC, even the riders missed it :wink:

PS. It was snowed off with a blizzard.

haha :lol: yes, just saw whilst googling it had been cancelled due to bad weather. Will set the recorder to catch the rest :)
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Tip for a happy life:

Sky sports package with HD Sky Plus box.
    Eurosport for £1 a month

Sky Plus various cycling events shown live on Eurosport HD

Ride home after work and sit down with a nice cold beer to watch that day's cycling.

Repeat the next day... :D
  • Eurosport is £1 extra a month on any sky package (that includes the basic, although you will need the HD pakage to get eurosport HD), no need for "sky football" at all.