The Foo Fighters tonight.

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
The Foos' are live on BBC3 & HD at 9pm for about an hour, if anyone's interested. Make it 9.02pm if you want to miss that bloody annoying Fearne Cotton introducing.
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    What and miss the Eurovision song contest on BBC1? Are you mad man! :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Aggieboy wrote:
    The Foos' are live on BBC3 HD at 9pm for about an hour, if anyone's interested. Make it 9.02pm if you want to miss that bloody annoying Fearne Cotton introducing.

Cool.

Won't hear a bad thing said about Fearne though. She's been absolutely FANTASTIC to all of my kids whilst my son Charlie has been suffering from cancer. Sent Charlie her jacket from the Million Pound Bike Ride signed to him and my daughter one of her dresses. Since then there's just been a steady stream of signed stuff to Charlie from Chris Moyles, Ant & Dec, various comedians - put smiles on his face when smiles have been in short supply.

She does masses of stuff for charity recognising that she's paid by the public and feels she should give back.

Her dad, Mick, has been great too - organising getting these things to me and getting my race car decked out in Teenage Cancer Trust logos through his business, EastCote Signs

5623140444_ee894ee8d0.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    You take that back Aggieboy. :o
  • Aggieboy
    You take that back Aggieboy. :o

I'm standing my ground. I doff my cap for her charity work, but she's still bloody annoying. Obviously, that's not to say I wouldn't give her one, although I'd have to find a way of stopping her talking.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy
    Now that's cleared up, I thought they were awesome.
  • climbingkev
    climbingkev Posts: 11
    They were awesome! The missus abandoned me for her best mates birthday tonight and she's not a massive fan of them, so it was win,-win!!
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    FOO FIGHTERS AWESOME!!! thankyou for letting us know they were on :D
  • manofsteel
    manofsteel Posts: 68
    My missus got tickets (we live locally) but decided to take a mate whilst I looked after ourdaughters. I got a call from her 10 mins after the Foo fighters started to say she was on her way back before it got too busy. What a waste!! Still, I had a good day teaching the next Furtado / Giove (2 & 3 years old) how to pick themselves up after falling of their bikes!
    'Pain is just weakness leaving your body'

Charge Duster SS
    GT Zaskar Carbon Expert
    '03 Stumpy HT
    Ribble Sportive Racing
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't get the Foo Fighters, theyr're just not good enough. They pale when compared to the likes of Kasabian, IMHO, they never seem to nail it, sorta.......
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    White Limo was incrediable :D

Just had the the misfortune of seeing Jedwards appearance on Eurovision on the News , utter shit! How can anyone see it as anything else!
  • 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    dmclite wrote:
    I don't get the Foo Fighters, theyr're just not good enough. They pale when compared to the likes of Kasabian, IMHO, they never seem to nail it, sorta.......
    was about to agree with you, then you mentioned the dreadful K word.
  • cyclingtaz
    cyclingtaz Posts: 326
    dmclite wrote:

you are joking right
    "you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I thought that they were f*ckibng amazing, I've got tickets to see them in July :D

Kasabian ???............. Pah, Wannabees !!!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Never understood their appeal.

I prefer THIS
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    Never understood their appeal.

I prefer THIS

You Sir, are nothing but a cad and a common 'thread thief'.

I repeat my earlier reply "Sir Jimmy gives me the Willies" :shock:
  • 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    Foo Fighters: dreary, ultra conservative, chugging, safe, bland 'rawk' music for people who work in middle management marketing departments and think they're edgy by liking Foo Fighters.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    And on what do you base such a spurious claim.

Step outside sir while I administer to you 50 lashings of my beard (cubicle 3 Tescos, you can't miss me)

beardyWeirdy.jpg

whilst enjoying a delicious bacon and egg butty....mmmmm

hp-guiness-sauce-top-down-475g.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
  • Aggieboy
    It's up on iplayer for those that appreciate good rock music.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Watched a bit of it last night but it was really dull, they've turned into the type of band that made Nirvana such a breath of fresh air.

There was even a bit of head banging over dueling guitar solos at the end, they've morphed into Status Quo.