BBC Four

getjim
getjim Posts: 30
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
'Ride of My Life' - Story of the Bicycle BBC Four 8pm if you're interested

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    If anyone misses it (well worth watching) it's on again at 2.35am so Sky+ it!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    It's good so far
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    If you havent read the book - tis worth it as is often the case the book is better than the "film"
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    matthew h wrote:
    It's good so far

But you won't like the colours he chooses for the frame :lol:
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    It's good so far

But you won't like the colours he chooses for the frame :lol:

It needed more orange :)
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    lovely saddle but wrong on that bike i thought and nice to see campagnolo were as hellpfull and as welcoming as usual
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    My crap bike looks better than this dream bike.
  • tlw1
    lovely saddle but wrong on that bike i thought and nice to see campagnolo were as hellpfull and as welcoming as usual

100% agree whilst the wife typically 100% disagree - she thought it looked ok :?
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I saw the prog last time around and thought that the bike turned into a strange hybrid of styles that possibly clashed a bit, Fine and spangly carbon bars/stem but a handmade frame, wheels and a Brookes saddle. All topped off with a colour scheme that certainly divided opinion. Still, I guess the point is that it was his dream bike and not mine. Rob looks as pleased as punch when riding it and I would settle for that myself. Good on him.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I'm glad my dreams don't look like that!
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    A really well put together doc' which I probably enjoyed as much the second time around. My only crit' - on an aesthetic point here - I thought it odd that he put his front wheel on the wrong (?) way around with the skewer's q/r lever on the right hand side. It hit me as hard in the eyes as anyone else's stacked steerer tube above and beyond the stem, for example. Uncaring? An act of defiance? :shock:

Yes, I know, he probably just slung it on. And perhaps I'm alone in thinking there's a right side and a wrong side for skewer levers.
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • nikle
    nikle Posts: 32
    I caught the full prog' last night, back when I was mad keen on cycling Brain rourkes where the frames to have, at least with my racing compadres. I quite liked the frame, colour scheme
    may be not so much but hey ho.
    It was a small frame (no offence to short riders) did that effect the bike's look may be too busy?
    I am at the opposite end of the size equation and it's hard to make large frames look good as well.
    I use brooks saddles now,& really like them. Typical british factory set up.LOL.good on them.

20 years ago campag was the kit to have but always too expensive .I could never afford it,still can't!. Didn't think much to the campag top brass-seemed arrogant & aloof could have been good PR.skit for them.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Seen the bike in other pictures before watching programme and thought it looked ok, on programme it looked stunning. I thought the orange was great, so was the blue, not sure about them together. All orange would have looked better... 8)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    The frame was built with Reynolds 953 tubing.