Payment Protection Insurance

Kaise
Kaise Posts: 2,498
edited May 2011 in The hub
So the banks arent appealing the decision, is anyone on here reclaiming a mis sold PPI policy?

I was mis sold mine policy as the forms i completed, the copy of which i still have, automatically entered me in to the insurance and i therefore had to opt out. This bis apparently mis selling of insurance as it is not a compulsory policy!

fingers crossed i get the cash back, it would pay for a new hard tail and a holiday!

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    kaiser83 wrote:
    So the banks arent appealing the decision, is anyone on here reclaiming a mis sold PPI policy?

I was mis sold mine policy as the forms i completed, the copy of which i still have, automatically entered me in to the insurance and i therefore had to opt out. This bis apparently mis selling of insurance as it is not a compulsory policy!

fingers crossed i get the cash back, it would pay for a new hard tail and a holiday!

So it says this on the form? You read the form before you signed it right? I'm guessing if you did and it said opt out, you would have done so?

It pays to read things when it comes to money...

I've used my ppi at least 3 times so can't exactly say it's been mis- sold...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    no no, what i mean is i basically wasnt given the option to opt out, i basically had the insurance without knowing anything about it until about 6 months ago when i appeared on my online statement with Lloyds.

And apparently when my circumstances changed from me being employed to being self employed, of which i enformed them in writing at the time, they should have told me i wasnt eligible to claimi on the PPI anymore, and cancelled the policy, but they didnt

Im going to send off a complaint letter and see how i get on, but after completing the Ombudsmans Questionaire i see to be eligible for a refund +8%.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'd like to think LloydsTSB will be writing to me offering the money I paid on CC and loans PPI but after getting £9k out of them 4 years back I think it will be unlikely.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.