Chiltern 100 2011

So I've just registered for the Gran Chiltern 100 to lose my sportive virginity with (possibly somewhat foolishly).

Who else is signed up to go? Anyone else around the Amersham/Rickmansworth fancy a training buddy?!

Comments

• pastasauce
    pastasauce Posts: 221
    I'm signed up for it - did it for a kick up the bum for motivation .......

I particularly liked this CW quote ....

"Sportives are always vying for the most challenging course, the hardest, the toughest, the longest, the steepest. The Chiltern 100 encompasses all these factors and leaves every competitor screaming in pain, well before the end is in sight."
    :shock:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    I've done it three times and yes, it is a tough ride, especially if it's hot...

If you are looking for training partners, just join the Amersham Cycling CLub, we/they always ride those roads. Rides start 9AM every sunday morning from Great Missenden
    left the forum March 2023
  • I've done it three times and yes, it is a tough ride, especially if it's hot...

If you are looking for training partners, just join the Amersham Cycling CLub, we/they always ride those roads. Rides start 9AM every sunday morning from Great Missenden

Cheers for that, I've been looking for a club to join. I've e-mailed Brian!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    Bradders87 wrote:
    I've done it three times and yes, it is a tough ride, especially if it's hot...

Cheers for that, I've been looking for a club to join. I've e-mailed Brian!

He's in Majorca now.... just show up sunday morning 9.00 AM at the Link road car park and you'll find a group that matches your level of fitness... normally it's 3-4 groups
    left the forum March 2023
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I'm in too.
  • Yup another fool, entered this along with a couple of mates. Have ridden a lot of the course in small sections and nothing major hill wise but think adding them all together is going to be hard work.
  • I noticed that the HQ has moved from Great Missenden to Amersham Rugby Club, however, the route maps still show the ride starting and finishing in Missenden. Are the route maps correct or will they change?
  • red_eye5
    red_eye5 Posts: 57
    Anyone interested in a training ride this weekend 14/15 May ? Weatherwise Saturday looks better than Sunday at the moment.