Fancy joining me on a jumps and drops course?

Comments

• hels bels
    hels bels Posts: 15
    Heya guys,

Me and Gingie are back from our road trip.

Bad news we don't think Cannock is going to be suitable for the course that we wanted to run. We checked out Stile Cop, which is too advanced for this type of course and the main trails at Cannock which didn't have enough features to get a good days coaching out of.

So we went to Llandegla and it was perfect for what i want to run with you guys. So change of venue to Llandegla- hope you can all still make it, as we've got an awesome course planned out for you!

Can you all please confirm that you are happy with that venue and i really want to confirm a date with you guys so we can get the ball rolling and do this?

The dates will be either the 12th and 13th May or i will do 2 separate courses on both if there's enough demand to fill..please can you fill in the poll asap stating your preferred day.

http://4081932.polldaddy.com/s/llandegla-jumps-and-drops

We will link some course information up too.

Cheers,

Helen + Gingie
  • hels bels
    Here's the course info:

http://www.helengaskell.co.uk/?p=114
  • Have a great time I have those days off but Llandegla is too far of a trek for a day. Post some pics up here afterwards oh and pass on your new skills!!! Enjoy.
  • Jene
    Jene Posts: 3
    oooh, I'm only 20 mins from Llandegla so suddenly this is really very appealing :)
    not sure I can afford it at the moment though, especially as I know the skills area well enough that the drops there don't phase me too much (it's the unexpected stuff out of trails that causes me problems!) :( but I may just need to drop down at the end of the day and say hi and see how everyone got on...
  • I'm still up for it, sounds like a good place to learn and either date suits me!
  • Gingie
    Gingie Posts: 98
    Heya Guys,

Glad some of you are still up for coming on the course, sorry to the folk that now can't make it because of the change in venue.

If you're wanting to attend the course you need to fill in the poll on the post above as we'll be using this system as our sign up and will contact those who have their names down.

So get yourself signed up online and we'll be in touch closer to the time with the final details.

G + H

x
  • Gingie
    Check out the pics from the Road Trip:http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.157673130963866.38622.132984866766026

After our wee road trip we decided that although Stile Cop @ Cannock had some awesome jumps and drops they were a bit too hardcore for the course we want to run...
    Llandegla on the other hand is a perfect venue. It has a brilliant skills loop and for those really wanting to push the boat out a Freeride loop with some BIG jumps and drops (sadly there's no photos of the freeride bit... we forgot to take them there!)

Anyhu check out the photos and hopefully you'll see why we did a venue change :-)
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    It looks great but I am afraid Llandegla is too far for me too.
    I hope you all enjoy it.
    Anne x
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    That's a shame Anne!

I am still up for this, although I hope it's the Friday as I can only take 1 day off work! If I stay over the Friday night too, is anyone up for a blast of the red / black on the Saturday morning before I drive back home?

Will anyone else be staying the night before / after? Any recommendations on where?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Gingie
    Heya!

We're hoping to run the course on both days (depending on interest) but otherwise we'll take the day that most people can do - which will probably be the Friday.

What sort of accommodation you thinking of?
    There's a really nice campsite less than 5 mins from Llandegla its called Llyn Rhys Campsite- has good toilets and showers. :-)
  • miss notax
    Hi Gingie :D

Good to know! It'll probably have to be a B&B - I don't think i'll get there until about 10pm on the Thursday night and ther's no way i'm pitching a tent then :wink:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    Sounds a great course girlies.. love to join you but being a teacher mid-weeks a no-no! But, Llandegla is my regular after work riding venue, only 20 mins away so I'll come over on thurs/fri after work and say hellooo!
    It'll be great to meet up with the girls from the forum in real time!
    Oh yes, Miss Notax.. plenty of B and B's in Ruthin (the town I work in..) actually a very nice small hotel called The ManorHaus in Ruthin, may be worth checking out online. :lol:
  • miss notax
    Has this been firmed up yet? Do we know on which day?

I have to do some serious grovelling at work to get the time off, so I can't leave it too late to beg (and book somewhere to stay!) :oops: :lol:

• Gingie
    Heya,

Helen's away at the moment doing some training riding...

She should be back by the weekend so i'll give her a ring and find out what the crack is :-)

I'm crossing my fingers that it will be going ahead, but we need some more signups to make it a runner... so if you want to sign up girlies now is the time!
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'm up for this, hopefully my hubby can scab the day off, if not, I'll see if my dad will bring me :D
    Caz xx
  • Gingie
    Ok so the elusive Miss Gaskell is still away training...

I will get hold of her tomoro (fingers crossed) and i can let you all know the final plan!

As it stands Friday is looking to be the popular day :-)

If you want to come along don't forget to sign up here: http://4081932.polldaddy.com/s/llandegla-jumps-and-drops

As we'll be using the email addresses on the form to contact people coming on the course!

See you in a few weeks :D
  • Bx
    Bx Posts: 33
    Bloomin eck I go away for a few days and discover it's all go on here!!

Ok so the Friday isn't the best day for me due to having a kayaking competition in Cardiff on Saturday but I've gone for it anyway since that's the day that looks most likely with everyone else! If there's one running Thursday instead though I'd prefer to go for that so I'll eagerly await confirmation of plans on here......

I'll be going up from Bristol way and coming straight back if anyone wants to share a lift. I will probably go the night before and come back asap if the course is Friday, if it's Thursday I will stay 2 nights and ride on Friday before coming home.

Bx
  • Gingie
    Heya Bx,

Welcome back! lol.

Cheers for filling in the form, will bear your Thursday preference in mind :D

Speak to you later- with hopefully so details!
  • miss notax
    Morning :D

As it stands, i'm not sure i'm sure i'm going to be able to make this now... It's a combination of work, the distance and cost i'm afraid. Please keep me in the loop and i'll see if I can swing it, but it's looking doubtful at the moment. Just a bit too far away to justify i'm afraid :(

• hels bels
    Hello Ladies

Im finally back with internet now and i can answer all your questions about next week.
    Im excited about the course, it only seems that 3 people can make it so far tho, i really need more of you to come as its a long way for me to come down too and make it cost effective.

So get the word out and fill the course so we can have a awesome day, if the numbers don't fill up enough, i will still run the course but it will only be one of the days, most likely to be the Thursday ...

Please email me if you have any questions..

Look forward to meeting and riding with you all ..
    Cheers
    Hels
    x
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    Doh, would love to go but I'm in the middle of moving house. >.<
  • Bx
    Woohoooo it's nearly here!!! Excited and nervous in equal amounts!
  • miss notax
    Ooooh, is it this Thursday or Friday in the end?

Have a fabulous time ladies - gutted not to be there, but I look forward to seeing all the photos!!

• hels bels
    Hey Everyone

The Course is going ahead on Thursday ...Still spaces left , get yourself booked on...
    Spread the word

Cheers
    Hels
  • Woohoo! I'm ready for it... I hope!

Better get my tent sorted if I'm gonna camp... not been used in a while :shock:
  • Ooooh, is it this Thursday or Friday in the end?

It's on thursday now. Are you sure you can't make it? :D
  • miss notax
    Ooooh, is it this Thursday or Friday in the end?

It's on thursday now. Are you sure you can't make it? :D

It's just too far to travel for one day of riding i'm afraid... I'm in Southampton so it's a 4.5 hour journey at least, and I would need to be back in the ofice on the Friday :(

Sorry ladies, i'll be thinking of you all!!

• Bx
    You're going to put in extra effort to make up for the abscence of Miss Notax, oh lordy this could be fun/hardwork!!!

I'm very excited now and keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine. The guys I ride with are all a bit jealous, not only am I off to do a fun sounding course but I get to do it with other chicks. Apparently the idea of a group of chicks being a bit hardcore is very appealing!!!

It's such a shame some of you can't make this but I have my camera ready (haha this always means deck time :oops: ) and I'm sure we'll be on here afterwards letting you know how it went.
  • Well... My kind of extra effort will be equal to the effort of a normal person after they've ridden 75km!!

i'll try my best though and hopefully i wont break myself within the first 10 minutes!

big pads or small?... i'm thinking i'll be taking the big pads to go with the face saver :-/