Argghh! Eurosport player broken!

Simon Notley
Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
edited May 2011 in Pro race
I can;t log in to Eurosport player, and the Giro is only an hour away! I even tried creating a new account, but that doesn't work either! Now I've paid twice and I'm getting nothing :(

It's the 'usual' error where it decides your password and e-mail are invalid and won't let you reset.

Looks like steephill.tv for me or cycling torrents...

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Yup, it's broken but we seem to be experiencing different issues.

I'm getting the "You don't have any active subscription" message. Yes I ******* do! :evil:
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • jp1985
    jp1985 Posts: 434
    I'm getting the same problem as Eddy S.
  • sportvan
    sportvan Posts: 105
    Emailed them early today but no reply
    Just keeps coming up "you don't have a valid subscription"
    Only 6 weeks left on the subscription so resubscribe under another email account but now get after paying with paypal "invalid email address"
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    This isn't funny. The "My Account" page tells me that I don't have a current subscription, despite the dates showing that I paid for a year less than a month ago. & there's no way of contacting them quickly, nor any news on the website....
    If anyone has a Twitter account, I guess you could contact them @Spokesmen, but other than that, I have a day that I've set aside to watch the TTT & have no access.
    Very unhappy!
  • Peter_K
    Peter_K Posts: 193
    I only registered for the first time today hoping to see the Giro. I created an account but I decided not to enter my card details yet.
    Then I went to subscribe and enter my card details but I cant and just get the message 'You don't have any active subscription'. Thought it was the round about way in which I was trying to subscribe but now I dont know what to do.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    I'm watching:

http://videochat.gazzetta.it/index_giro.shtml

Seems appropiate for the Giro :lol:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • jp1985
    I'm watching:

http://videochat.gazzetta.it/index_giro.shtml

Seems appropiate for the Giro :lol:

Thanks

This is better than the one i posted
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I'm getting the same problem.
    exercise.png
  • Pedal!!!
    Pedal!!! Posts: 14
    Getting the same "you don't have an active subscription" message as other people. I also tried to pay twice with no luck. They'll be getting an angry email soon.

Thanks for the other feeds as well
    See, because of me now they have a warning
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    http://twitter.com/#!/EurosportUKTV
    No news on what "asap" means. Given that it could mean minutes, hours or days, depending on the nature of the problem & given that there is no news on the website, it's pretty shoddy IMO
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    None of the other Eurosport streams seem to be working either......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • jp1985
    AndyRAC wrote:
    None of the other Eurosport streams seem to be working either......

Im using the audio from this feed with the gazzetta feed

http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/6/20/v-262001.html
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Eddy S wrote:
    Yup, it's broken but we seem to be experiencing different issues.

I'm getting the "You don't have any active subscription" message. Yes I ******* do! :evil:

I re-subscibed yesterday for the Giro, rushed home from work today, logged on and Zilch!! but hey, they will answer my email in only 48 hours. Shower of SH***
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    tried to login yesterday, forgot my details. clicked on the "forgot password?" bit and it said my email was invalid. tried to re-register using that email and it said it was already in use?

got the app for my ipad and am watching it now, very nice indeed.
  • yenrod
    yenrod Posts: 135
    I was on a monthly subscription only to logon y.day prior to TTT of the giro & they wiped my subscription so re-subscribed - managed to watch the TT then I couldnt logon today...on win.ex.9 - but got it to work on Chrome..? what the hell is that about - either way ive sent them a msg (as they follow me on twitterfor some reason) & @'d them this page soo hopefully they'll look at it !!!!!!!!! ?????
    [;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
  • Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    yenrod wrote:
    I was on a monthly subscription only to logon y.day prior to TTT of the giro & they wiped my subscription so re-subscribed - managed to watch the TT then I couldnt logon today...on win.ex.9 - but got it to work on Chrome..? what the hell is that about - either way ive sent them a msg (as they follow me on twitterfor some reason) & @'d them this page soo hopefully they'll look at it !!!!!!!!! ?????

Same thing happened to me, when you log on, does it just loop back to the login screen? If you look at the top right corner of the eurosport player page, it does actually say you're logged in, just close the tab (not the browser) and open it up again and it works. Although i also had to re-subscribe, bad form from eurosport.
  • rajMAN
    Received an email from them yesterday stating that they will deal with my issue within 48hours (read, when we get back to work on Monday sometime after lunch I expect) they also referred me to the list of frequently asked questions. Unfortunately I couldn't find the one which asks: Do you wish you had gone to Steephill to watch the Giro for nowt instead of paying 3 months subscription to us? Ah well, I am sure they will tack on the 2 lost days at the end of my subscription in the name of good customer service. End of rant :(
  • jp1985
    Are people still having issues logging in??

I'm still getting told i don't have an active subscription.
  • Pedal!!!
    Yeh still having problems. Got a standard reply from them as well about technical difficulties

Their systems working well enough for them to take payment from me though from my attempted re-subscription (which hasn't worked).
  • rajMAN
    At this rate I reckon it should be fixed, say a fortnight Sunday!!
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    Yep, still broken. Got standard reply and replied asking for it to be fixed or for me to be refunded. I've been using cycling torrents and enjoying the Giro in a different language every night. So far the Italian has been my favourite, although I think I'll stick with English if I want to actually know what's happening (although if I only have the choice of American I may stick with Italian).
  • rajMAN
    Fixed this morning!! :D
  • Pedal!!!
    Not for me it hasn't. :( Still just getting the generic maintenace response email, bet noone's even read my messages to them.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Mine's running now. Wasn't earlier today.
    exercise.png
  • markyboy2005
    markyboy2005 Posts: 465
    watching on eurosport player now, but no commentry - anyone know why?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,602
    If you've clicked "Giro" it will be the non-comm coverage that is on before Harmon shows up for the day. It's not on ES TV but the feed is available to watch
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    If you've clicked "Giro" it will be the non-comm coverage that is on before Harmon shows up for the day. It's not on ES TV but the feed is available to watch
    I don't get why Eurosport do this. Why not just pay someone (any reasonably knowledgeable person) the minimum wage to do a voice over? It would be better than nothing, and if it wasn't you could just turn it off.
  • markyboy2005
    markyboy2005 Posts: 465

Okay, cheers.

A bit crap that, but he ho....I thought it might be because I'm in Finland and they wouldnt have English speaking coverage due to that...or something!

Cheers