Pokerface Down Under

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2011 in Amateur race
For those of you who have been following Pokerface's exploits on road and track riding for the Irish Paralympic team a quick update...

Colin flew out to Sydney last Friday, I saw him off with a brew in T3 at Manchester Airport, spirits were high.

He'd been flying on the local chaingang and improving loads in the TTs and things were looking very positive.

Yesterday was the Road Race

(press release)

Colin Lynch finished second in the C2 Road Race at the UCI Para-Cycling Road World Cup in Sydney, to give Ireland its second podium finish in two days.

Lynch put in a great performance holding on to an early break by the C3 Riders, although he was eventually dropped by this group, he had built up a sufficient lead on the chasing C2 group and was able to hold on for silver.

Following the race, Lynch said: “I am delighted with the result, this was my best performance ever at this level and I am looking forward now to the Time Trial tomorrow.”

Colin Lynch, Cathal Miller and Mark Rohan will all compete in the Time Trial tomorrow and hopefully a few more podium finishes are in store for Ireland.

(end Press Release)

Today was the Time trial, and yes, just found out he went one better and got the gold, beating the World Champ by 4 seconds! :D

Report and pics to follow.

I'm chuffed to bits for him and couldn't wait to spill the beans, sorry Colin!

Comments