My Roscoe and Top fuel 8

swagger
swagger Posts: 111
edited May 2011 in Your mountain bikes
hi chaps been meaning to post pics of these for some time.

1st up is my Roscoe 2;
SDC10849.jpg
SDC10848.jpg
SDC10847.jpg

With slx stoppers 203f and 180r, along with slx cranks and front mech.
xtr shifters on an xt medium cage rear mech and xt cassette.
36 tooth blackspire ring to match the ble egg beaters.
every thing else is pretty much stock.
the future holds a shorter stem and maybe some new wheels and some haven bars.
28.2lbs

Next up is my Top fuel 8;
SDC10853.jpg
SDC10852.jpg
SDC10851.jpg
SDC10850.jpg

Xtr shifters, mechs and cassette.
xt m760 chainset.
hope mono mini's with xtr ice tech rotors 180f and 160r.
sdg i-fly saddle and i-beam post.
easton xc90 carbon bars.
i swapped the standard internals out of the reba sl's and dropped in a some black box to!
otherwise stock.
this one need a shorter stem, some egg beaters(in red of course!) and an inline i-beam post, the lay back one was free!
25.6lbs

what do you think?

the top fuel is a rapid bike, but the roscoe's not that far behind considering it has alot more bounce!

if im going out purely for a long distance run i generally reach for the top fuel. if i intend to have a bit more fun and take in some interesting stuff i hop on the roscoe.

they both make nice trail bikes, only the lack of travel on the TF8 letting it down.
as for the roscoe, it feels like it has endless travel on the way down, yet when you popint it up the hill it rides like a nice ŧight xc full banger with virtually no bob. its very stable as long as your seated! im not sure why they didnt sell better.

hope you like.
joe
"People ask me what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike - busting my ass - six hours a day. What are you on?"
Lance Armstrong

Comments

• ed_arnold
    ed_arnold Posts: 65
    Niiiiiice!!! I was drooling over the Roscoe for quite a while. Those rotors are sweet! Trek is good also of course - good weight for one of those.
  • swagger
    cheers mate.

the rotors are crap, they're quad (read Raleigh) pulse rotors. they were free so i cant knock that. they were both warped from new, spent an age truing them but once they get a bit off heat in them they go out of shape again.

i let the Raleigh rep know what i thought of them in no uncertain terms :shock: :shock:

i cant recommend the roscoe enough tho, if you have the money theres a 17.5" 1 on the bay.

joe
    "People ask me what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike - busting my ass - six hours a day. What are you on?"
    Lance Armstrong
  • ed_arnold
    ed_arnold Posts: 65
    I just thought they looked cool lol! And no, I don't have the money - check the 'Cube Stereo R1' post a bit below yours :P
  • pioneer68
    pioneer68 Posts: 56
    Almost bought a Roscoe, shame you can't get them anymore, now Fishers' been swallowed by Trek. What are the Ice Tech rotors like on your Top Fuel ? Seeing them on your bike, has given me similar ideas, for my Top Fuel, as I find the XT brakes, not the most powerful things around, to say the least.
    Trek Remedy 9.9 (custom) 2011
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc (custom)
    Trek Stache 8 2013
  • swagger
    pioneer,

thyere an improvement over the slx ones that were on there.
    im not sure that theyre worth the money, i got them as a warranty replacmenent.

they look damn nice tho!

joe
    Lance Armstrong
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    FWIW I use the new XTR Race brakes with KCNC rotors on the race wheels and Avids on the normal wheels) and have noticed no difference vs the Ice Techs when I've tried them. Admittedly I'm light, but it's an expensive way to hope your brakes improve, IMO unless you have real issues with fade they won't solve anything.