Ever been chatted up on a ride?

Mark Bom
Mark Bom Posts: 184
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Out this morning on a long straight stretch of road when I became aware of a 4x4 alongside me, not overtaking.

When I looked to see why they weren't overtaking the middle aged woman driving called out through the open window, "Mmm, nice legs". I smiled and said "Thankyou", to which she replied, "You're welcome" and drove off with a cheery wave.

Made my day! :D

Comments

• markyboy2005
    markyboy2005 Posts: 465
    Once when cycling in Jakarta a girl on the back of moped taxi, rubbed my arm at a red light.

It was the hair that attracted her......Also made my day!
  • nottscobb
    nottscobb Posts: 147
    It probably doesn't count but my wife sometimes pinches my bum when we're out on the tandem. It makes me smile though :)
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Nope, never.

A woman in Vietnam was facinated by the size of my legs. She got nearly every bloke in a small villiage to come out and stand next me, where she'd compare my legs to their torso and laugh a lot!
    exercise.png
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Mark Bom wrote:
    Out this morning on a long straight stretch of road when I became aware of a 4x4 alongside me, not overtaking.

When I looked to see why they weren't overtaking the middle aged woman driving called out through the open window, "Mmm, nice legs". I smiled and said "Thankyou", to which she replied, "You're welcome" and drove off with a cheery wave.

4x4 driver in windsor, are you sure it wasn't " I say, you there, get out of my fuking way"
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Mark Bom wrote:

Now, are you sure this qualifies as being chatted up. I had visions of you swapping numbers whilst some hottie was riding next to you. Anyone remember the Vauxhall Corsa advert when they pick up that girl on the bike in the street. YUMMY!
  • Thick Tester
    Thick Tester Posts: 380
    On a very hot summers day, two very pleasant young ladies passed me a couple of times in traffic. On the third occasion of passing they used a super soaker water pistol to spray me liberally.

At the next set of lights they recived a full 750ml bidon through the passenger side window leading to what can only described as 'Marvelous Scenes'
  • Last summer myself and a group of mates cycled from London to Bristol over 3 days.

On day one my mate Nik, who was on his own as he was struggling with the pace, was entering Reading when a Vauxhall Corsa pulled up alongside him and the lady in the passenger seat wound down the window, pulled up her shirt to reveal a lovely pair of bare breasts!!! She then laughed her head off and the car swifly drove off...funnily enough this gave him the impetus to catch us all up! :D

Later on in the pub when he told us the story we asked for photographic evidence but he had none....but knowing Nik and the way his luck falls it was true.

It was the highlight of his tour though...and to some extent ours!
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    No BUT I wish the driver of a `Yummy Mummy` car with number plate M666SXY who passed me on Sunday had done so :)
  • A few years ago two girls in an open-top car passed me on a hot summer day and the passenger opined 'nice bum, darling'. What they didn't realise was that there were temporary traffic lights just down the road, and I came past them again. They looked so embarrassed (staring straight ahead) that I was too much of a gentleman to say anything. Would be different now, I fear!
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    edited May 2011
    No, but I have had my a** slapped

by a guy!!!! :cry:
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Not exactly,
    a few years a go i was out on the bike with a midget mate.

Wee car comes up behind us and I hear a bairns voice shout to my mate, "My sister fancies you".
    Passes me, same bairns voice "My mum fancies you"

Gutted, the sister was way better.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • maharg22
    maharg22 Posts: 50
    Funnily enough no, but I was out last night and got a comment from two ladies on bikes who were waiting like me for a car to decide to reverse 'Nice legs said one' the other just winked, off I went happy in one direction and they in the other...
    British Cycling SkyRide leader

Roadie - 'Arnie' HOY Sa Calobra .004 Ultegra 11 Speed
    Winter Road Bike - 'Edoardo' Bianchi Via Nirone 7 c2c - Sora 8 Speed
    Commuter - 'Edoardo the 2nd' Bianchi Camaleonte Cross
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I shout out sweet nothings and blow kisses everytime I see my reflection in a shop window, does that count?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Aggieboy wrote:
    I shout out sweet nothings and blow kisses everytime I see my reflection in a shop window, does that count?
    Those poor shop assistants !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Out today was stopped at some temporary road lights, noticed a bonnie looking female sitting in doorway of an unused shop having a smoke, looked again at her and she smiled at me, she was sitting with her knees up but had a long flowing dress on, i imagined her doing an impression of Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, but unfortunately she stood up and walked to a nearby hairdressing salon where i presume she worked. oh well............................ :(
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    If i see a gorgeous young female approaching, lycra clad, sweat glistening off her heaving breasts :oops: I tend to look the bike the bike up and down and shout racy comments like

"nice drivetrain, do you use white spirit and the squashed bottle shake method"

Phwooooooaaaarrr :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    There are a lot of words and terms in this thread I don't understand.
    nwallace wrote:
    Wee car comes up behind us and I hear a bairns voice shout to my mate

A yellow car and presumably a weird accent?
    brin wrote:
    noticed a bonnie looking female sitting in doorway

No idea what that is. Short haircut?

:?:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I presume Wee car means a car that smells of P155
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    nwallace wrote:
    Small car comes up behind us and I hear a baby's voice shout to my mate

brin wrote:
    noticed a lovely/pretty looking female sitting in doorway

Fixed it for you. Lazy!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Aggieboy wrote:
    nwallace wrote:
    Small car comes up behind us and I hear a baby's voice shout to my mate

brin wrote:
    noticed a lovely/pretty looking female sitting in doorway

Fixed it for you. Lazy!

Lazy indeed. I'm foreign I have an excuse. Is it Scottish? They get all the vowels confused as well - it's like a lottery.

Chips could be cheps or chups. etc. I have genuine problems with Scottish call operators.

:(

I have a story, but it a) was a lil more than being chatted up and b) it's probably best the internet doesn't know. :wink:
  • freddiegrubb
    freddiegrubb Posts: 448
    :oops: Never been chatted up (story of my life( boo hoo) but I like to look at my reflection as I pass big shop windows. Nice thing about a helmet & shades is that it's difficult to age the old buffoon, I really should know better.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    brin wrote:
    i imagined her doing an impression of Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct
    Does that constitute flirting in your neck of the woods? :wink:
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Ach ah shouldha yased the Doric no the Lallans.

Bairn is Child, not just baby.
    However in Doric the terms Loon and Quine are used, however there is no real age restriction on it. So when meeting a mate from Banchory who is a few weeks younger than me.
    He: Fit Like Min. (Min is man)
    Me: No bad Loon you? (Loon is Boy)

If I had really wanted to confuse you I would have used Dundonian.
    This by the way is a perfectly valid Dundonian sentence.
    Eh! Eh, Eh; Eh.

The meaning is unintelligible in the text due to lack of context, however if spoken as I intend it, it would translate as.
    What! Really, No; That's no good.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Mark Bom wrote:

Now, are you sure this qualifies as being chatted up. I had visions of you swapping numbers whilst some hottie was riding next to you. Anyone remember the Vauxhall Corsa advert when they pick up that girl on the bike in the street. YUMMY!

she did ok if she wanted to be gang banged by tiny puppets with wooly c()cks

back to OP: I was goosed in Asda once by a little old lady, I had SPD shoes on. does that count?
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Best I've had was a lovely smile from a hottie on a roadbike at Grafham Water today, but we live in hope :roll:

What does constantly amuse me is how so many women (especially posh/respectable middle aged ones) can't help gazing down at the package when they realise you have Lycra shorts on - anyone else? :lol:
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    Yes, twice actually.... :D

The first was when I was filtering through traffic which was waiting to turn into a horse race and a car with four middle aged women shouted encouragement as I passed. Mostly about how they could offer me a more comfortable ride... :oops: :shock:

Second time was on a sportive, when a couple of girls in their mid twenties followed behind me in a car for about a mile shouting about me having a nice bum. Funny thing was that they overook me and then got stuck behind a stationary tractor so I got to overtake them again. All done in good spirit, I'm sure that in reality they were just amazed that somebody of my age could actually ride a bike. Still nice though.
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    A really pretty girl driver once said as she unwound the window and overtook me " Hey Fatboy, pedal faster!"

Does that count? :oops:
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Better late than never - only just found this oldie in my PhotoBucket account 8)

m5picture.jpg
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    Stationary traffic, cambridge, must be A14. Surely that is a death wish to cycle down there?! (even if it is for 2 naked girls in a car)
  • Eyon wrote:
    Stationary traffic, cambridge, must be A14. Surely that is a death wish to cycle down there?! (even if it is for 2 naked girls in a car)

Actually the A14 is not that bad to ride down, and I've spent a good few hours riding up and down it over the last year. Never noticed any half nekkid wimmins though. :shock:

I've been tail-gated a few times by Women driving cars having a good long look at my arse when they could easily have overtaken. Had a few comments shouted out as I rode by, usually when there are more than 1 female, I think they feel braver or more free to do so in a group.

& I too have noticed if you go in a shop or whatever wearing Lycra shorts most women tend to address your groin for the first few moments before remembering your lips are on your face and look up with a sheepish expression on their face when they realise they just got clocked having a good perve at your man package. I think it's fair though as how man men stare at a women's t1ts when they first start talking.