Cannock chase

Mich
Mich Posts: 83
edited May 2011 in Routes
Leaving for cannock chase trails in just under 20mins!! will be my first time down there, I'm excited and nervous at the same time, can't bloody wait!! beautiful weather for it as well 8)

Comments

• dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    Good work. Ive only been once when the monkey first openned. I loved it but I believe its a little cut up now
  • Mich
    That was absolutly FANTASTIC!!
    We did the follow the dog trail and all 8 of us came off at least once, but no major injuries!

Some of the bikes you see down there are insane, The specialized ones really took my fancy and i'm 100% sure i want one now, So time to say byebye to my hardtail after 2months!
    I did find people getting a little impatient with me, Only one or two, first time down there and i don't know what to expect and they're flying threw as fast as possible, I held one bloke up for a maximum of 4seconds and he went in a foul mood, my mate nearlly threw him down the hill :?

But what a fantastic day, Can't wait to go back!!
  • BennyB
    BennyB Posts: 174
    There are a few mardy people there. I love it too though!
    Ime diving, ime bored, ime on the diving board
  • Mich
    BennyB wrote:
    There are a few mardy people there. I love it too though!

Kinda annoyed me to be honest, They were new to all this at one point as well and i'm sure they where just like i was today, which if i'm to be honest, wasn't exactly what you'd call slow.
    Could just say excuse me like most of the kind folk around :)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    BennyB wrote:
    There are a few mardy people there.
    Mostly on blue Giant hire bikes and Boardmans for some reason :twisted:
  • BennyB
    BennyB Posts: 174
    lol Thats strange. Im ok im on a bright green kona
    Ime diving, ime bored, ime on the diving board
  • Zard36
    Zard36 Posts: 28
    It was my 1st time last sunday as well, out trying out my new toy (Whyte T120) in it's proper enviromentonly, Absolutly fantastic bike, it took everything I & the trails could throw at it ;-)

We only did FTD as had to be back early. Really enjoyed it, it's very cut up in the braking areas, but then that keeps you on your toes !!
    Didn't really have any problems with other riders pushing along, but then if you keep an eye out for them it's ok, some guys & girls are really quick, but then it was my 1st time.

Will certainly be going back again very soon & this time make a day of it ;-)
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Did a lap of both the FTG and The Monkey today, conditions are spot on.. Uber grippy but very dusty, so wear something over your face if ya don't want cloggy lung syndrome!
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838