Mountain Bike Clothing

Crispy5449
Crispy5449 Posts: 73
edited May 2011 in Women
I've already posted this in the general forum, but wanted to highlight it here as I'm keen to get more female responses!.....

I'm currently looking into a business idea which will focus on Mountain Biking Clothing, and i'm looking to do some market research to hopefully back up my own thoughts about the opportunity.

Soooo......

If everyone could spare 2 minutes of your time to complete a survey at the link below, that would be fantastic.

Mountain Bike Clothing survey

I'm not a big company spamming the forums, just a guy with an idea and a desire to start my own company and get out of my mind numbing, corporate, repmobile existence so many thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to complete this - it really is much appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of non-uk brands that you would love to be able to get hold of over here, let me know as I'd be keen to speak with them.

I'm really keen to get a representative sample of women completing the survey, but currently have over 95% male respondents!!

Crispy

Comments

• just a few comments on your survey... on the 'what influences your decision' bit, the main thing that influences *my* decision is how well the shorts/ tops fit, how comfortable they are & how well they perform against the elements - theres no response that covers this & i'd imagine it would be way more important for most riders than any of those responses you've provided.

also the 'what time of year to you make your purchases' bit.... you missed the 'whenever theres a sale' answer, as most bike kit is so expensive to only get covered in mud and cack, i generally buy what i can cheaply.
  • all filled in !
    Bike obsessed/adrenaline junkie/racer/idiot
    2011 orange crush
    NS surge custom build ( for sale)
    GT power series 24 bmx race bike
    2010 Verde Vex BMX
  • jazzey
    jazzey Posts: 1
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information.... :roll: waiting for more ideas.. :roll: :idea:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    fenella wrote:
    just a few comments on your survey... on the 'what influences your decision' bit, the main thing that influences *my* decision is how well the shorts/ tops fit, how comfortable they are & how well they perform against the elements - theres no response that covers this & i'd imagine it would be way more important for most riders than any of those responses you've provided.

Agreed - my main factor in choosing kit is whether I think it'll do the job of keeping me warm / dry etc! Looks, brand (and price to a certain extent) are further down the list....

Anyway, survey done :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    jazzey wrote:
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information.... :roll: waiting for more ideas.. :roll: :idea:
    What an awesome first post.... :roll: waiting for more 4 year old post bumps... :roll:
  • kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    Agree with the others.. some questions really not relevant and key questions not asked. Also, some of the questions highlight the problems for buying womens clothing e.g. its never/very rarely reviewed in the magazines!!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Consider it done