Laptop catastrophe - have I lost all my WKO+3 data?

I've been logging all my powertap data this year on Training Peaks WKO+3 software that I have installed on my work laptop. Unfortunately my laptop looks like it has well and truly expired and may need a complete rebuild which will probably mean the loss of any data saved on it. Does this mean that I've lost the last 4 months files or is there any other way of retrieving it from Training Peaks? And is there a web version of power software that I should use instead to help me avoind minor disaster such as this?

Ta in advance.

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Unless the data is also in an online location, or you backed up your data locally, then yeah, its probably gone.
  • Lemond75
    Lemond75 Posts: 75
    Not sure if you've lost all of your data - my laptop died a few weeks ago and our IT dept managed to copy everything on the hard drive and reinstall it back onto the new PC, however, for future reference you can upload all of your files easily by right clicking on each file in the calendar and then choosing the 'upload to training peaks' option.

Good luck.
  • Cheers both. Looks like they've been able to rescue the laptop now. But I will take your advice, Lemond 75 and back them up from now on.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've just lost 18 months of wko+ data :(

Fortunately I sent it all to training peaks but I'm still pretty miffed :(
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    I've just lost 18 months of wko+ data :(

Fortunately I sent it all to training peaks but I'm still pretty miffed :(

That's a pis$er. I take it you have to input them all again to chart your progress over the last year or so? Not much you can do though other than backing them up I suppose.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It may be a bit tricky inputting about 400 workouts again!
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    NapoleonD wrote:
    That (and the tears of frustration) is why you should:

Always, always, always backup your data.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Simon E wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    That (and the tears of frustration) is why you should:

Always, always, always backup your data.

Of course NapD did back up his data by uploading to TrainingPeaks. He can download it again after losing his local copies... assuming he has a subscription and not just a free account.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    How has the laptop died? Was it hardware failure? I always ensure my data won't get lost due to software failure by not having it on the same partition as Windows if I only have one drive, and obviously backing it up in the event on hardware failure which has thankfully not happened to me yet.