Coedybrenin camping help needed please!

coyote101
coyote101 Posts: 125
edited May 2011 in Routes
Hi,
Does anybody know what is actually the nearest campsite to the Coedybrenin trail centre? The one that comes up on the searches is Cae Gyn Farm - it says 0.5 miles away from trail access but when i type it into routefinder its 8 miles to the trail centre itself. Any advice would be most welcome, is there a campsite you can just ride to the trail centre from i.e. less than a couple of miles away?
Thanks folks.
JP

Comments

• _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    I stayed at Cae Gwyn (stayed in B&B) when I went to Wales in March. I'm not sure how far it is but It is definetely within cycling distance of Coed-y-Brenin as I cycled it :)

I'd say it's less than 2 miles away (although you go up a hill on the way back so it feels further). Mainly off road which is good.

From what I remember, doing a search for their postcode doesn't actually take you to the farm. The farm is just off the A470.
  • MattMTB
    MattMTB Posts: 95
    I can also confirm that Cae Gwyn Farm is very close to CYB- probably 1 to 1.5 miles away. When I went we parked our cars up at the farm, got our stuff together and then rolled offdown the hill back towards the trail centre. 10 mins max. As above, it took a bit longer on the way back as it's up hill and we'd just finished The Beast!

It was a good place to stay and i'll stay again this year. In the evening, the farm owner dropped us off at the pub down the road (too far to walk or cycle unless you're up for another 6 mile round trip) and someone from the pub dropped us back at the campsite.
  • shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    Stayed there last weekend. Lovely campsite. Speak with the owner and he'll point out the route without riding on the road. There's a dirt track opposite the campsite tgat goes straight there. Look out for wibbly, the sheep that thinks it's a dog lol.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    My Gps says it was 1.1 miles to trailhead at CYB
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • cambo
    cambo Posts: 125
    The off road from cae gwyn brings you out on the mbr trail, the first section you come to is the beginning of the end which brings you back to the trail centre and the beginning of the routes...