New Term

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
My wife has invented a new word to describe the way I examine the bikes other riders are on when we pass them in a car. She says I 'Bogle', or 'Bike Ogle'.

She thinks she's so clever - bless! :wink:

Comments

• She's right though :wink:

EDIT: unless you're looking at the rider's anatomy...in which case, let her know that she's right...
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    It's also the name for a ghost up north!

When we had a horse that was afraid of daffodils the owner told us it was because of the "daffy bogle"
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    ..thought a bogle was what you pee in? :wink:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I definitely 'bogle'. Some more:

Twod - describes a nod to acknowledge oncoming cyclists on the other side of the road, only to realise that you are driving your car rather than riding your bike. e.g. "Oops, I just gave that cyclist a twod."

Broadie - the feeling of lust and anxiety you have for a new bike. e.g. "The new CAAD 10 is making me feel broadie - I want one!"

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • downfader
    Pedallestrian is the term I stole from here about a year or so back. :lol: About the best one I ever saw.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    downfader wrote:
    Pedallestrian is the term I stole from here about a year or so back. :lol: About the best one I ever saw.

Not to be confused with a 'pedalphile' - someone who has Look, Shimano and Speedplay pedal systems on their various bikes.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688
    It's probably been coined previously, but my basic training technique is GOTAR - Get Out There And Ride.
  • downfader
    It's probably been coined previously, but my basic training technique is GOTAR - Get Out There And Ride.

I sometimes use MOAAC (which I pronounce "moe-ack")... must overtake at all costs. Applies to all road users.