Yay! As of today I am a cycle commuter.

Comments

• essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Clare_M wrote:
    essex-commuter, which colour makes you go fastest?

When I wear lippy it's all about the look not speed! :wink:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Clare_M wrote:
    BTW, am I the only one who puts lipstick on to ride my bike? :?
    No, my pre-ride ritual is always helmet on, glasses on, lipstick on. Mind you, most of it ends up on my mitts by the end of the ride. :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    What no stubble check? come on stubble is far worse than hair surely ...?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    itboffin wrote:

Yeah, but as I am a woman, my legs are permanently fluff free.... :lol:
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • itboffin
    edited April 2011
    Clare_M wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yeah, but as I am a woman, my legs are permanently fluff free.... :lol:

Right hmmm :roll:

Edit: yeh me too

4980216330_6dccf25ddb_z.jpg

4926747027_46b8ec286b_z.jpg
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    ...You big wuss :wink: I was commuting down to -7 this Winter ...

-7? pah! -16 here.

MRS? Unixnerd? How was it up north, again?

Cheers,
    W.

What, no anti-helmet rant?! :wink:

Erm - only down to -11C for me because that's as cold as it got (too near the sea - I can see it from my house and cross over it on my commute) (mind you, it was nearly zero yesterday morning - WTF? - and there's still snow on Ben Wyvis which I can also see).

It's great to see new commuters - well done. I think I'm slowly shaming my office into bike commuting. When I pitch up from 15 miles away in the foulest weather, I think that makes a few others think that they can do it from closer.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Clare_M
    I'm sure it's pretty balmy in Northampton compared to up where you are meanredspider....

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Clare_M wrote:
    I'm sure it's pretty balmy in Northampton compared to up where you are meanredspider....

It is at this time of year. I'm from Cambridge originally and, in winter, it's often colder there than in Inverness. But around this time of year, we really notice the difference - it's often 10C colder here - summer takes a long time getting its act together (we still have daffodils) but I love the long summer evenings when it never really gets dark.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Clare_M
    itboffin wrote:
    4980216330_6dccf25ddb_z.jpg

4926747027_46b8ec286b_z.jpg

Blimey, nice legs!

You didn't take your jeans off for my benefit, did you? :shock:

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clare_M wrote:
    Blimey, nice legs!

Oh good God, please don't encourage him. :o
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Clare_M wrote:
    Blimey, nice legs!

lol no this was last year after a fellow forum addict posted his rather graphic story of shaving woes, rather too graphic but alas several of us weaker fool jumped right in and went the whole veet way.

thanks for the compliment CM, CJCP shouldn't you be training in the park or sum-fin!?
  • Clare_M
    cjcp wrote:
    Clare_M wrote:
    Blimey, nice legs!

Ha ha, attention seeking legs? ;)

• Clare_M
    ITB, what do you recommend for such hair-free perfection? And be honest, do you fake tan? :?

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Clare_M wrote:
    ITB, what do you recommend for such hair-free perfection? And be honest, do you fake tan? :?

That's it, it can get no worse.... being asked for beauty tips from a wimmins...

Hand your manhood in at the desk :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M wrote:

That's it, it can get no worse.... being asked for beauty tips from a wimmins...

Hand your manhood in at the desk :lol:

I can't talk cos my tongue is stuck in my cheek :lol:

• itboffin
    Veet and should both seek the thread that inspired my madness because its pure gold

No fake tan alas I just ride alot, already very brown this year arms, face and knees only :lol:
  • Clare_M
    Well, I've done over 50 miles since yesterday and my legs are hurting now :) They were just "pleasure" rides, though it's hilly, so pleasure is only for the downhill bits. Average speed is rubbish BTW, but I suppose that will come.

Bought myself a nice Phil Corley top which even though is a blokes one, looks very nice. (Phil Corley's shop has 1, yes, 1 women's top on sale and it's white! :shock: )

Anyhoo, might have a rest tomorrow :)

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Clare_M wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Clare_M wrote:
    Blimey, nice legs!

Ha ha, attention seeking legs? ;)

Ahhh so that's what ASL actually means ;-)
  • itboffin
    Finally located a very important BR thread on this very subject, essential reading for anyone considering going all the way ...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12724913

:lol:

Has to be the best thread of ALL time!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Having just gone through the first 3 pages, I would have to agree :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    itboffin wrote:
    No fake tan alas I just ride alot, already very brown this year arms, face and knees only :lol:

I'm calling your bluff! The lack of any discernible tan line suggests you may be partial to a little fake bake :lol:

See Rule 7:

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/
  • Clare_M
    Still, nice legs, I am right jealous! :lol:

• BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Interesting you're talking about ice in Apr/May - where do you live, Lapland?(Apologies if you do live in Lapland). Rode to work all through last winter, IMO bike is safer than car on ice as you have a better chance of spotting it. Well done, you will soon start thinking "is there any other way or getting to work".
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • itboffin
    Wiltshire/Hampshire border actually (Marlborough) and yes we had loads of ice and frost last year and the year before, hopefully not this year though.
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    snow and ice is what mtb's are for

as itb said we had plenty of it around here over the past couple of years
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • itboffin
    Don't forget the wind, look at it today :shock:

Right time for more coffee then off to Whitchurch via the Chute hills should be interesting up there this morning :?
  • Clare_M
    itboffin wrote:

Right time for more coffee then off to Whitchurch via the Chute hills should be interesting up there this morning :?

My aunt and uncle live in Oakley in Hampshire. Always fancied cycling around there. Beautiful area.

• itboffin
    Clare_M wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

My aunt and uncle live in Oakley in Hampshire. Always fancied cycling around there. Beautiful area.

Yeh were very blessed with such pretty countryside down here in yokelsville today however was not a day for riding, had to turn back after 1/4 mile thanks to the belting wind that actually stopped me in my tracks head-on.

All the roads are covered in fallen branches and debris, so I decided to go home and clean the roof of my conservatory instead :roll:

Ladder, water, electricity and high winds what could possibly go wrong :?
  • itboffin wrote:
    Clare_M wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yeh were very blessed with such pretty countryside down here in yokelsville today however was not a day for riding, had to turn back after 1/4 mile thanks to the belting wind that actually stopped me in my tracks head-on.

All the roads are covered in fallen branches and debris, so I decided to go home and clean the roof of my conservatory instead :roll:

Ladder, water, electricity and high winds what could possibly go wrong :?

Just make sure you have an Emu puppet on one arm and you'll be fine.
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Mr boffin I am shocked I had a 30 mile loop up to shelbourne through Ham and over Coombe gibet, linkenholt and conholt hills.

The wind was quite harsh on the way out but the ride was worth it

Yesterday I went up to burbage and then down to pewsey and home via tidworth
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010