Downtube mudguard

GPierotti
GPierotti Posts: 104
edited April 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of where to get a downtube mudguard the same as the small on on the Lapierre DH-920 2011.
Or a small one which is very similar, hate big mud guards but something like that looks cool while working.
Cheers

Comments

• Just lift your front wheel when going through a puddle.
  • GPierotti
    while a quick manual over a puddle helps i can't manual all the way down trails/tracks!!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    either a neoguard style one or a the mucky nutz fender bender.

the mucky nutz is very discrete but excellent.
  • GPierotti
    either a neoguard style one or a the mucky nutz fender bender.

the mucky nutz is very discrete but excellent.

thanks for the help!! :D
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    you can quickly make a neoguard out of an old inner tuber and some cable ties, easy peesy and costs virtually nothing but works just as well. But imo, the bender fender 2.0 works better and it stops crap from gettnig to the stanchions. I broke mine in a crash and cba to get a new one; I've got better bike related stuff to spend my money on.
  • GPierotti
    Thats a pretty good idea with the inner tubes - busted tubes can be used for almost anything!!! really like the look of those mucky nutz ones
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Downtube mudguards are next to useless at anything above walking pace anyway.
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    You can also make your own fender bender type out of some thin plastic an cable ties,as that exactly what it is.mines just about vissable on the pics in the sig below.