Knee pads, are they any good?

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited May 2011 in MTB buying advice
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... IF:GB:1120

Or shall I go for a different model. Budget is an issue as always but I don't want to buy something and then realizing that they are not good enough and splash more money for a second set. Thanks
JC
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• .Brucey.
    .Brucey. Posts: 66
    I got a pair of Fox Launch Pros the other week and they are the nuts
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    661 Kyle Straits are very good. I got the 2011 ones for only £35. I'm very happy with them, comfortable and really good protection.
  • jeannot18
    661 Kyle Straits are very good. I got the 2011 ones for only £35. I'm very happy with them, comfortable and really good protection.

£35 from where? Thanks

JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • getonyourbike
    £35 from descent gear, I got leisure lakes to match that price when they were doing them for £45.
  • GPierotti
    GPierotti Posts: 104
    I use race face dig's they are great, excellent protection and comfy to wear.
    think they are like £24.99 from walkers cycles website
  • jeannot18
    GPierotti wrote:
    I use race face dig's they are great, excellent protection and comfy to wear.
    think they are like £24.99 from walkers cycles website

They have got good prices but not much on size, knee pads you mention come only Small, I may give them a ring to see if they are expecting more stock, if not the 661 Kyle Straits seems reasonable and I have read quite a few people using them, at £35 with free P&P this could be a winner. Thanks Getonyourbike

JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i use kyle straits too, very good pads, nice and comfy and not particularly restrictive once you get going.
  • RobJ20
    RobJ20 Posts: 48
    Kyle Straits here as well, good protection and very comfy got mine for £30 from ChainReaction.
  • dmorton
    dmorton Posts: 244
    Just out of interest, I've always wondered what type of riding knee pads are considered required for? I ride trail centres (red and black), forest singletrack, occasional long XC routes.
    I've come off, scraped hands, face, arms, elbows, thighs etc but never my knees! What am I doing wrong? :D
  • getonyourbike
    I always wear mine now just for piece of mind and if I didn't wear them when i come a cropper on something easy and hurt my knees I'd be pissed off. I do downhill and XC with them. I bet if I did trail centres than it'd be reds and blacks you see people wearing them.