Felt AR1 vs BMC Team Machine Slr01

canbakay
canbakay Posts: 282
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
2011 Felt AR1 sram red cosmic carbone sl
OR
2011 BMC Team Machine Slr01 sram red cosmic carbone sl

veryy different two bikes, feel like the ar1 needs the di2 (which i dont plan/can't get)

ar1 is slightly heavier & aero and the opposite for the slr01

give advice fellas!
Dogma
Madone
R3
Point Reyes
Raleigh Burner
Boris

Comments

• twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    Well just on looks alone the Felt takes it by a mile. I really wouldn't get bothered about a slight weight difference.

Why on earth do you think it needs Di2?

Just ride them both and pick the one that rides/fits you better or that you like the looks of best.
  • canbakay
    the felt has internal housing made for the di2 - it was designed for it from what i remember but i may be remembering wrong.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 10&t=75502

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 10&t=71612

check these two out

also, some may not care about this but swiss made feels a whole lot more reassuring than taiwan made. i know i know most products are made in far asia...but still.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • Personally I think the BMC looks a lot nicer. Also, aero frames are known for not being as stiff. Not sure if that is the case between these two, but I would assume the BMC is a lighter and stiffer frame.
  • canbakay
    yeah mate the bmc is much stiffer (according to some german testing) gotta trust ze germans.

i even found the cervelo r3 to be flaky on stiffness - hard to trust on sprints if it makes sense.
    my position is very aggressive over the handlebar and scared the felt isnt the one for it.

i always had a thing for aero frames but the bmc's industrial look and those exposed carbon photos above, really hard to beat.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris