Any riders in Skipton?

Comments

• cbrsyd
    cbrsyd Posts: 13
    Just found this thread and wondered if any Skipton riders fancied a ride out on Friday (apparently there is some sort of wedding on)?

Was thinking of doing a ride from Gargrave over to Malham then back via Stockdale Lane and Langber Lane.

Any interest?
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    cbrsyd - Welcome

I can't do friday as I have a wedding on Saturday and it's just too much of a risk (sod's law I'd break an arm or something) But we are hoping to get to Gisburn on Sunday if you're free?
  • Wobblehead
    Wobblehead Posts: 264
    cbrsyd wrote:
    Just found this thread and wondered if any Skipton riders fancied a ride out on Friday (apparently there is some sort of wedding on)?

Was thinking of doing a ride from Gargrave over to Malham then back via Stockdale Lane and Langber Lane.

Any interest?

Depending on time, could be up for this. Right on by doorstep so no issues with travel, but have got a party to go to around lunchtime. Party is on route, near the end so could dive off there I suppose. Let me know what time you were thinking of.

Ed
  • cbrsyd
    cbrsyd - Welcome

I can't do friday as I have a wedding on Saturday and it's just too much of a risk (sod's law I'd break an arm or something) But we are hoping to get to Gisburn on Sunday if you're free?

I do both so what time you planning to meet on Sunday?

Cheers

Grahame
  • cbrsyd
    cbrsyd wrote:

Any interest?

Depending on time, could be up for this. Right on by doorstep so no issues with travel, but have got a party to go to around lunchtime. Party is on route, near the end so could dive off there I suppose. Let me know what time you were thinking of.

Ed

Hi Ed,

I'm looking to finish for 1230 ish so could start at say 0830 in the free car park in Gargrave?

Took me about 4 hours last time I did it (I am old, fat and slow) but I got a bit lost and probably did a couple of extra miles so should be able to manage would would be about 27 miles in 4 hours.

No worries if that's a bit slow for you?

Cheers

Grahame
  • CharlieH
    cbrsyd wrote:
    cbrsyd - Welcome

I do both so what time you planning to meet on Sunday?

Cheers

Grahame

Don't think we've arranged a time yet! I live in Harrogate so a bit further for me to go. Hopefully not too early as I'll still be recovering from Saturdays wedding

PS 27 miles in 4 hours isn't slow in my book ;)
  • Andy2603
    Andy2603 Posts: 32
    Regarding Sunday, would 2 o'clock be too late for people? My Wife is getting rid of clobber at a car boot sale in the morning!
  • CharlieH
    That's a bit late for me, I'm supposed to be setting off to Doncaster at 5 for a 30th birthday :(
  • Andy2603
    Leave it with me Charlie, I will see if I can escape a lttle earlier
  • psymon01
    psymon01 Posts: 46
    Hi guys, I'll be around Sunday and up for a blast at Gisburn.

Timewise, I'm free all day so I'll keep an eye on the forum and see what you guys come up with.
  • Wobblehead
    Wobblehead Posts: 264
    Should be OK, but need to be away by 3.00 if that fits with everyone
  • CharlieH
    Ideally I need to be away no later than 3pm too so I guess a 12pm start at the latest, although 11 would be better for me

Anyone else free Sunday, it would be great to meet a few of the others in this tread :)
  • CharlieH
    My mate Tom is up for it too.
  • Andy2603
    Still trying to get away early, otherwise I will meet around Gisburn as early s possible. Even if its only for a short time it would be good to say hello!!!

Charlie, Ed - looks like your on a time scale, you go early if you have something on in the afternoon, just have your mobile on you and I will ring if I get away early or to meet up.

Andy
  • woodytitan
    woodytitan Posts: 163
    Wobblehead wrote:
    woodytitan wrote:
    Hey guys still about and interested, off to Gisburn Thursday once I figure out my fitness level after that will be looking to hook up with you guys, live in gargrave so weeknights will be a goer in summer too.

Hi Woody

Is your ride on Thursday during the day ?

Let me know if you want some company, live in Hellifield and am on holiday this week

Wobblehead-Sorry mate just seen this, had a cracking time had a blast around for an hour or so picked up some of the red trail did the descent down and over the beck don't know its name but shit me up and i Loved it!!! Will be looking to make this a regular thing, i live in gargrave so not far from you bud! Have a good day sunday can't do myself, enjoy!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    might be able to make it for an 11 am start - you guys meet at the pub or the car park?
  • CharlieH
    Car park the last time we went, hope you can make it. Time still to be confirmed but I can do 11 if need be
  • psymon01
    It turns out I won't be free all day after all!

Can do the morning but will have to be away early afternoon - 11am has been mentioned, sounds a good time to me.

Andy - hope you can make an early get away!
  • clodhoppa74
    i'll be the nervous looking one in the audi estate if i make it.
  • CharlieH
    I'll be the slow one with aching legs after today's wedding :)

We will be in a silver Mazda 6 with tow bar carrier
  • Andy2603
    Might able to slash some hours off my original time, 11 might be a bit early but I wont be far behind you. I will phone you Charlie to see where abouts you are, I'll bring the map with me to meet in a agreed area.
    have a good 1st half lads and Ill see you in the 2nd

Andy
  • CharlieH
    Andy, it would be good if you can join us and the way my legs currently feel I won't take much catching up, lol :)
  • hammy7272
    hammy7272 Posts: 236
    Morning guys,

Room for one more?

Anyone fancy liftsharing from Harrogate? I am carless this morning but could return the favour another time.

Mike
  • CharlieH
    Sure I can sort you out, I'm in Harrogate. Send me your address to 07763722410. I'm picking my mate up at 9:30'from Harlow Hill
  • hammy7272
    Excellent - cheers mate
  • CharlieH
    Thanks for another great ride today and looking forward to the next (once my legs have recovered)
  • psymon01
    Had a good ride - and the weather! It was nice not having to worry about sliding into the beck down hully gully!

Was also good to meet a few more people off here.

Just come across this website which should provide some inspiration for future rides - http://www.mtbdales.com/mtb_routes.php
  • hammy7272
    Great ride, thanks lads. Some of those dales routes look great!

Mike
  • clodhoppa74
    yep. had a great time yesterday, thanks for the day out!
  • CharlieH
    Been looking around for routes too and this website looks good
    http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-home/ ... aroute.htm
    I have tracklogs so will hopefully be able to download and print some of them if anyones up for it?