Something for the extended weekend ...?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Being a dusty old British country village we're going all out and having an entire village party to celebrate "the" wedding :D

As mrs itboffin works in the local school she's been involved in the planning and guess who's running the bar ....?

:roll:

What me!? alone in the bar!?

:lol:

[waves flag & falls over]
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    with your reputation?

Chin chin *hic*
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    One for the punters, two for ITB :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I guess if you can't be on the bike during the RW then that has to be the next best thing :wink:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I might drop in then - I'll be down that way. A bit of a detour for a free drink on ITB is gotta be worth 30 miles extra. :wink:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Leave some for the rest of the village ;)

Have a good time. Self and assorted chums are doing a republican ride to the coast (Hastings) tomorrow night. Will probably ride on to Brighton in my case, bring the mileage up to the ton.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Off to take part in Scumrun 2011 tomorrow - may have stats withdrawal symptom onset......
  • itboffin
    CiB wrote:
    I might drop in then - I'll be down that way. A bit of a detour for a free drink on ITB is gotta be worth 30 miles extra. :wink:

more than welcome fella, we're going all out, we even have a hog roast :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Coffee, painkillers & shades today I think :?

but what a great party we had, hog roast was so popular it sold out in about 1 hr, the bar couldn't keep up with demand :wink:

Live band, dancing and fireworks to finish.

Defo a GREAT night had by all.

8)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:
    the bar couldn't keep up with demand :wink:

aka somebody drunk all the Pimms :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I missed it - went through Marlborough early afternoon on Friday, nearly stopped to take a photo for the kids of the main square where Top Gear did the supercar parking challenge thing but couldn't face stopping so carried on. Good thing too by the sound of things - wouldn't have made Chippenham with half a pig & a gallon of beer inside me. Probably.