camber expert vs pitch pro ????

finchie21
finchie21 Posts: 8
edited April 2011 in MTB buying advice
hi people,
im in a little bit of a dilemma i want to upgrade from a carrera vengance hardtale bike with 100mm of travel to a specialized camber expert or a pitch pro i know the bikes are a little bit different in terms of usage at the moment im using my bike on the trails but would like in the future when my skills improve to go into wales and maybe go off the trails,
at the moment i have a camber expert as a demo bike putting a 250 deposit have used it once on cannock chase trail and i was impressed but there is no pitch pro to test...... so i just dont know what is the best bike for me pitch pro 150mm travel or camber expert 120mm travel, im about 5'11 - 6'0 and weigh about 14s ..... any help would be good as i can get 10% discount on a bike if i buy before sunday this week so only tomorro left hope you can help out thanks adam

Comments

• bramstoker
    bramstoker Posts: 250
    Depends if you want the extra comfort and confidence the extra 30mm may give you, i went from a spesh elite to a pitch, the extra comfort and confidence it gave me was a real bonus. Trouble is the extra travel puts a bit of weight into the bike but the pros out weighed the cons for me on that score. The other consideration was the fact i didnt want to spend the extra cash and end up with 20mm travel over the elite, so i went for the pitch.
    A feather is kinky, a whole chicken is just perverse.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Camber, from the limited information given.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • i know the paying more forr less travel seems a little odd but would it make it harder to climb
  • my 2011 pitch pro is great on the climbs and on the downhills i totally recommend it
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    my 2011 pitch pro is great on the climbs and on the downhills i totally recommend it

I've been out today with a lad who is on his 2nd pitch pro as his biggest istake was selling his 1st, Highly recomended from the people i've spoken too
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • I have looked at the specs on both bikes the pitxh seems to have slightly better components bit its the travel that bothers me my riding skilll is not great but i want a bith that will grow my confidence and skill levels what would be more forgiving ???
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    It's more what kind of riding will you be doing, the pitch is more of an all mountain bike - descents/drops/jumps etc. Personally I would love a pitch, but I'm not sure you will need it.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • WILL 1 AM
    WILL 1 AM Posts: 132
    Pitch Pro

I have a Comp and that climbs very well, and the extra travel is a bonus.

Camber for cross country, Pitch for everything else I reckon.