Your Royal Wedding ride..........

getprg
getprg Posts: 245
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Ilkley Old Bridge - Bolton Abbey - Burnsall - Grassington (tea and a bun) - Appletreewick - Bolton Abbey - Ilkley

Comments

• sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    Pippa Middleton
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    sandy hill wrote:
    Pippa Middleton

+1 :D
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    Just about to go out for thirty miles or so and finish at the pub. Hope the roads and lanes are still quiet. Earlier, i went to the supermarket to do the weekly big shop - car park had spaces, ailes were deserted, check-outs had no queues - great stuff.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    sandy hill wrote:
    Pippa Middleton

Correct, but somewhat predictable :D
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Home to work and back.

-Spider-
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Thanks to overnight rain I had a cheeky 30K before the pollen built up too badly. Very quiet, hardly saw a soul. Spent the ride trying to remember the verses of the 'Red Flag' :?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Stu07
    Stu07 Posts: 48
    I got in a sixty miler from Oswestry over to Lake Vynrwy.

Great day for it, very little traffic and no grief from the wife who was watching wedding with family :lol:

Lots of other cyclists with same idea!
  • RHT
    RHT Posts: 34
    Missed it all. Perfect. 80 miles Pontypridd, Newport, Bridgend and back..
  • RHT
    RHT Posts: 34
    Missed it all. Perfect. 80 miles Pontypridd, Newport, Bridgend and back..
  • mapleflot
    mapleflot Posts: 81
    25 miles in a.m.... had to be at work by 1100. Still a fair few cars about (with drivers seemingly all on their phones or reading texts!) and had to carry bike cyclo-cross style through one village's street party obstacle course set up. About 8 other cyclists spotted. Bit more than usual.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Today 4 of us did 54 bumpy miles and averaged 19mph.

Got rid of the cobwebs..
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Left home just as SWMBO was turning on the TV... nice 65 mile run into the Surrey Hills area, traffic very light... wish it was always like that.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • christurbo
    christurbo Posts: 432
    edited April 2011
    I did 'Coal Pit Lane' today! Ouch!

Here:

http://runkeeper.com/user/maccydee/activity/33562464

:oops:
  • MRadd
    MRadd Posts: 205
    http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... kpu0a5c7mr

Probably should've done more.. I got back and the damn wedding was still on!!!
    : "Why don't i remember breaking my face?" :

: Semi Professional Grease Monkey, Full time Tea boy... :
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    60 miles around Cheddar, starting and finishing in Shipham. Perfectly timed to miss the whole nonsense on the box with quiet roads to boot. Great variety of terrain for cycling although I could have done without the nasty northern head wind when I had nowhere to hide on the flats around Glastonbury (may be it was the cycling gods making me work).
  • Crispybug
    Crispybug Posts: 58
    Did a thirty five mile ride through Southend, Ashingdon, Hockley, Rayleigh, Canvey Island and all along Southend seafront. Was ordered out by the missus because she thought I was going to be "A Miserable Bastard!"
    Roads were pretty much deserted and I sang 'The Internationale' all the way around.
    Mad as a box of badgers
  • Crystal Palace, Hever Castle, Chiddingstone Castle, Mereworth Castle, and back to Crystal Palace.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    sad
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Went out on the cross bike today and did a combination of tarmac and turf. Really enjoyed it, quiet roads and went down some bridleways that were new to me. Got home just to see the climax of the whole royal wedding shebang, the battle of Britain fly-past. Everytime I hear those merlin engines the hairs on my neck stand up. FANTASTIC. But for those aircraft and the brave men that flew them 60-odd years ago there would be nobody kissing on the balcony of the palace.

Got showered off went down the local and enjoyed the festivities, absolute top day.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • tugger
    tugger Posts: 122
    Chelmsford to Mersey Island for a seafood platter at the oyster bar and back. A steady 50 miles with only mild regurgitation issues.
    All about the aggregation of marginal gains (or marginal losses, depending on who you are!!)
  • getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    Got home just to see the climax of the whole royal wedding shebang, the battle of Britain fly-past. Everytime I hear those merlin engines the hairs on my neck stand up. FANTASTIC. But for those aircraft and the brave men that flew them 60-odd years ago there would be nobody kissing on the balcony of the palace.

+1
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/32930878/
    Now the wife's got the highlights on! :cry:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Grifteruk
    Grifteruk Posts: 244
    97 solo miles all over Brecon. Mini "dragon ride" via cimla, bwlch, rhigos, sarn Helen road and thru Llandovery to black mountain. Wind was really up but got home over 2550m of climbing in 6hrs 10mins.

Missed all the wedding :D but had to deal with the street party when I got back :(
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Didn't wake up in time, and had a hangover... Was only drinking Diet Coke all night... 3 litres of the stuff. Although not knowing the Tay Road Bridge was shut until I tried to cross it a half 1 didn't help, just as well I was driving and not cycling the 50 mile detour.

:feelsick:

hope to do intended ride tomorrow or Sunday.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    did a 56 miler with 2 14% hills. Don't about where you live but the roads round here were dead, even quieter than sunday.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Nice run out from home through Aylesbury, Thame, Wallingford, Newbury and then pretty much had the A4 to myself all the way to Chippenham. Lovely. 101 miles with a tailwind.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Pulled a 40 in south of the county. Good head and cross winds out there but the roads were relatively quiet apart from a few dickheads on motorcycles who wanted to buzz me as close as they could. Got back in time to see the end of the tour of Turkey and then MGP before a sedate pint down the pub.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    Nice long, slow ride for me yesterday:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/82291958
  • pdsalmon
    pdsalmon Posts: 55
    My first ever 50 miler - Stoke to Market Drayton - in 3 hrs 40 mins.

Quite pleased, but had to ride around the block to get past 50 miles - no way I wasn't seeing 50 yesterday.